300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popat

Does anyone know how the state is going to change the POPAT or when they are going to change it?

Didn't even know it's going to change. It is too easy as is.

Comment

I just graduated BLET in December of 2014. Our PT instructors told us that we would be one of the last classes to do the original POPAT. The school I attended is a pilot program for the new POPAT so I don't know if that means going forward every class will do the new POPAT, or that they are just testing it out. I know that the night class we had there is for sure doing the new POPAT. We trained to do both when I was in school. In my opinion the new POAPT is easier than the old one the only thing that changes and requires more training is the dummy roll, and being able to drag the 175lb dummy, but in the new POPAT you can drag it however you want. Either way your PT instructor will have you in good enough condition to pass as long as your giving the effort during PT.

Comment

The new popat begins in 2015, from what I heard through instructors the situps are being switched out with more pushups and some other things are easier and other things are harder.

Comment

Headed down from PA to test with a dept just curious what this POPAT is all about. I've googled and researched it a little and just wanted to get a feel for what you NC folks think about it. Looks easy compared to what we do here in PA which also isn't that difficult but looks can be deceiving. So just curious. Any and all info would be appreciated.

Comment

The new Popat is interesting. I believe it is more representative of the things you might have to do on the job (I have yet to encounter a 20' culvert). The bag rolls are deceptively difficult and really work your core. They are designed to somewhat simulate the exertion in a ground fight. I would say it will be a good change.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3251 users online. 164 members and 3087 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X