300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Jobs In North Carolina

Wanted to make a thread here that hopefully everyone can remember and contribute to. A thread for any federal law enforcement jobs that become available in North Carolina.

There's next to none, but the problem is with the Federal Job Center subsection is that it is so busy and overwhelmed with threads that have been around since 2010 that I'd hate to miss a NC opportunity.

I'd take pretty much any fed gig in NC.

Hopefully y'all think this could be useful; if not disregard.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Job Title: CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION OFFICER
    Department: Department Of Homeland Security
    Agency: Customs and Border Protection
    Job Announcement Number: CBPO 14-2

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 to Wednesday, August 6, 2014
    https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/372309100

Hiring includes southeast region; apply and roll the dice for NC. Unlikely to be hired into NC as per OFO officers, but worth a shot.
    Thanks to user 'hangman' for the job alert.
    Last edited by battlewagon; 07-23-2014, 08:29 PM.
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Indeed there are few federal positions here in NC. And because of the way most fed LE agencies do their hiring, you'll never know if a NC field office is open unless you get deep into the process and very lucky. Very rarely do specific listings open up for an area of NC.

I'll just add a comment for future visitors to this page that I'm with the United States Probation Office in an NC district and can give general information on this fed agency if requested.

Comment

Originally posted by holycrikey View Post
      Indeed there are few federal positions here in NC. And because of the way most fed LE agencies do their hiring, you'll never know if a NC field office is open unless you get deep into the process and very lucky. Very rarely do specific listings open up for an area of NC.

I'll just add a comment for future visitors to this page that I'm with the United States Probation Office in an NC district and can give general information on this fed agency if requested.
      thanks for the insight. Fed POs require a 4 year to apply right?

honor first

Comment

Job Title: CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION OFFICER
        Department: Department Of Homeland Security
        Agency: Customs and Border Protection
        Job Announcement Number: CBPO 14-2

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 to Wednesday, August 6, 2014
        https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/372309100

Hiring includes southeast region; apply and roll the dice for NC. Unlikely to be hired into NC as per OFO officers, but worth a shot.
        Thanks to user 'hangman' for the job alert.

honor first

Comment

Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
          thanks for the insight. Fed POs require a 4 year to apply right?
          Yup. A lot of officers have graduate degrees as well. Depends on the hiring district if they care about that or not. But the 4 year degree is a requirement across the board.

Comment

Originally posted by holycrikey View Post

+1 to this. I've been in the hiring process with several federal agencies over the years. Most of them will not disclose what field office you're going to until you get your final offer or are in the academy. There are some exceptions, some agencies may hire for a specific office, but I've never seen that for anything in NC.

Comment

If your plan is to go Fed, you would be well served to forget about any particular locale. Get in, do your time, and hope one day you can move to the area of your choice. From what I've heard from my FBI friends, NC is a pretty well sought after state for 1811's of the various agencies.

Comment

National Park Service have Law enforcement Ranger positions throughout NC. They range from the coast to the mountains. I know that the Blue Ridge parkway will be have one or two in the next year or so.
                hope this helps.

Comment

NPS has a screwed up hiring process. You basically have to go through a seasonal law enforcement academy and then apply for seasonal jobs. Seasonal jobs are limited to 1039 hr and you will be competing with thousands of other seasonals for a permanent NPS LE ranger gig.

NPS doesn't accept other agency FLETC training (ie CBP, Border Patrol, Secret Service, Capital Police, etc) or regular police academy training. They will only accept the Land Management Police Training Program cert. If you received the LMPTP cert. from another agency like USFS, USFWS, BLM, BIA, etc, you are good to go and can apply for seasonal or permanent gigs right off the bat.

Comment

If you really mean any Federal LE job, the BOP at Butner FCC hires Correctional Officers sometimes. It is a really crappy job but it has 6C/12D retirement and its in NC.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5389 users online. 343 members and 5046 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X