Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Females and the NCSHP

Hello everyone,
    I just wanted to start a thread particularly for the female applicants of the NCSHP. I know there are not many of us, but I am one and if another posts than there will be two of us, and so on.

Seeing a female Trooper is rare. First time I saw one it was like seeing a Unicorn. I had to get everyone's attention. "Look everybody, they do exist.

Comment

Unfortunately there aren't many females on the NCSHP. When I started 11 years ago, I would say there were about 30. When we merged with DMV, those numbers increased. Since then, retirements, resignations, and so on have kept the number to around 50 or so. Out of those, maybe only 20 (?) work the road. I enjoy my career. I picked the HP because they expect the same out of you regardless of whether you are male or female. You def have to work harder and prove yourself. Many females wash out during the Basic School because they are not physically prepared. Yes you do have to do real push-ups and pull-ups like the men. I am sure there are some male Troopers that say otherwise, but we have a good core of females on the HP.
      "...I'd never let you down, even if I could. I'd give up everything if only for your good..." 3 Doors Down

"Strength is when your body gives out and your heart and your mind take over"

Comment

We are like $2 bills...everyone knows they are out there, but not everyone has seen one.
        "...I'd never let you down, even if I could. I'd give up everything if only for your good..." 3 Doors Down

"Strength is when your body gives out and your heart and your mind take over"

Comment

Proud to say I went to BLET with one! I wasn't 100% sure she'd make it in the HP school, after hearing a bunch of horror stories, but she shocked us.

Comment

I remember the first female the SHP hired, which was around 82-83 time frame. I saw her at a NC State basketball game, and I firmly believe she could handle herself. Wonder where she is now?

Comment

Originally posted by DeaconSteve View Post
              I remember the first female the SHP hired, which was around 82-83 time frame. I saw her at a NC State basketball game, and I firmly believe she could handle herself. Wonder where she is now?
              She's in Waynesville still working law enforcement

Comment

They still make you shave your head and grow a mustache. Just a heads up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5620 users online. 317 members and 5303 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X