Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Charger?

Just a random question...

Has anyone got a 2011 Charger in their department yet?

Reasoning on my question is that we are at a fleet interchange with our old fleet and the options are a 2011 CVPI, 11 Charger, and 11 Caprice. The Charger is a more affordable price for the budget. I was wanting to get the opinions on those who have them and ask how do each "feel" as far as the seating comfort for the driver.

Thanks,

FiVo3
    Ask them, Tell them, Make them.

SHP has em..
    yeah!

Comment

A friend of mine in SC has one, his boss has a Caprice. He said the Caprice will run circles around the Dodge. It's nice, he's a traffic unit, so it's a slick top. It will fly. But I'm a fan of the CV. Tried and tru. Maybe a bit slow compared to the others, but a solid car.

Comment

Thanks folks, I know the Caprice will run circles around them with the 6.0. The area we patrol does not go above 45mph and is rural paved roads. Comfort over speed here. Also, we dont wind-em-out like some other agencies have to. 95% will be traffic enforcement, the rest will be dealing with calls, etc.

Comment

We were going to be testing some Fords and Chevy's but they nixed that plan. I was supposed to get one of those and now I'm still waiting on the charger. I sat in one and the seats are narrow but it's a nice car. Too bad they didn't buy any of the Chevy's. I would have loved to try one out. All of the PD's where I work are buying the Dodge. I haven't seen a new Ford or Chevy yet but maybe they just aren't available yet. I don't know.

Comment

Thing is, we were going to get a CVPI. But... There are no more 2011 models left in our area, so the CV is out. The dodge is the first choice because they are offering the 2012 for the same price as the 2011 now. The new ford interceptor is up in the air since its FWD. (I dont want to use a 40 acre field to turn around on a car with.) And the Chevy (stripped) is as much as a fully equipped Charger.

Comment

Yes, I too heard the Chevy's will run circles around the Chargers. I heard some departments were getting the Chevys. I'm a fan of the Charger, I feel like it has a better look and feel to it but it's all about performance. Chevy has it beat.
              CLICK IT OR TICKET! DRIVER SOBER OR GET PULLED OVER!

Comment

We have the been getting Chargers for a few years now. The '11's just came in and are still being put together so they haven't hit the road yet. Reliability wise the Chargers have been way more expensive than the old CV's. But they will certainly fly and handle a whole lot better than the CV's. I have one of the last CV and will likely get it cycled out next year to a Charger. I don't see us moving away from the Chargers in the foreseeable future but I would like to be able to take a look at one of the Chevy's in person.

Comment

Originally posted by jthorpe View Post
                  We were going to be testing some Fords and Chevy's but they nixed that plan. I was supposed to get one of those and now I'm still waiting on the charger. I sat in one and the seats are narrow but it's a nice car. Too bad they didn't buy any of the Chevy's. I would have loved to try one out. All of the PD's where I work are buying the Dodge. I haven't seen a new Ford or Chevy yet but maybe they just aren't available yet. I don't know.
                  What does your agency think about the Charger?

We just finally started trying them over where I'm at.....getting a 2011 next month. We are testing the Chevy now and I took a look at it when I was at our GHQ a few weeks ago. Looking at the thing you wouldn't think it was faster then the Charger, but it obviously is. The only thing I didn't care for is the floor shifter.....don't know if I could ever get used to that.

Comment

What about any SHP Challenger's? I thought I saw one. When it went by me I thought I was in reverse so if it was not a Challenger the newer Charger's must have the similar tail lights.? Wickedly bright with that oval pattern.

Comment

I pulled up next to '11 SHP Challenger on 17 coming into Porter's Neck in New Hanover. Really slick.. the silver (at least on this particular vehicle) was much darker than what you see on the '10 Chargers.

Comment

I have an 11 as a personal vehicle. I LOVE IT.. I wish I could talk the admin into switching to them..
                        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Originally posted by Beacher View Post
                          I pulled up next to '11 SHP Challenger on 17 coming into Porter's Neck in New Hanover. Really slick.. the silver (at least on this particular vehicle) was much darker than what you see on the '10 Chargers.
                          Saaweet. Glad I wasn't seeing things. It was zero-dark-thirty so I didn't see the paint but those tail lights were unique. Being facetious it looked like a space ship as it went away from me. Seriously though annoyingly bright.

Comment

We have some 2011 Dodge Chargers and it seems that Dodge really made this vehicle all about LEO comfort in mind, heck they even included an extended cushioned arm rest on the drivers door. The only thing about the new Chargers is every department I have heard that has them has had to tweak their striping a little because of the new design in the doors.
                            Last edited by jhawks118; 09-20-2011, 11:47 PM.

Comment

When I was in training I drove a 09-10 Charger for the most part. The only problem I had was trying to turn around in a hurry and shifting from reverse to drive or vise a versa. The car would lag or die, It seems to be a safety interlock, but when it would do this you would have to stop for it to engage or it was like a 5 second delay. The seat in the charger sits much better than the Crown Vic's. I have been in a Crown vic for some time now and I have to say, I like it. The turning radius on the Ford is far more superior than the Dodge. And if you have a good year model, Mine is a 04 its almost as quick as our 5.7 hemi chargers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10942 users online. 392 members and 10550 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X