300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raleigh PD

I was looking for a new LE home and Raleigh was one of the places I was looking as a lateral. I was just curious from the previous post's that I've read about Raleigh it sounds a lot like the department I work for now. I work for Atlanta PD and we have alot of problems, no raises since 2001, no such thing as overtime, and no take homes, and the pension is getting turned into a 401k. I was just wondering from what I've read Raleigh sounds about the same, is that true. I'm coming on 2 years with the department and got a bachelors and 6 years Army so I was hoping to hear from some of the vets about the department. Thanks in advance and be safe out there!

Check out their website, and speak to a recruiter. http://joinraleighpd.org/ From what I hear its a good department. Good luck.

Comment

Does anyone have any info on when Raleigh may be moving forward with the hiring process?

Comment

surf,
        heard that next academy is scheduled for next fiscal year....sometime after oct. 2011....how long are u in hiring process??

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have completed everything up to an oral board.

Comment

While media sources aren't the best for information in regards to the department, a local news site wral.com was reporting on the Raleigh budget for the upcoming year. I don't know if it's for across the board or excludes the RPD, but they did touch on some LE issues in there. The best info would probably come from one of those here who does work RPD. *edit* Just search in the navigation bar for "police raleigh" b/c whenever you put in "raleigh police" it automatically pulls up an old article interview with their chief, Dolan.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5694 users online. 352 members and 5342 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X