300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can you not carry concealed?

Simple question, where can you not carry concealed as a sworn officer within the state? More specifically, how does it apply to private property. Reason I bring this up is the RBC Center is Raleigh specifically prohibits off-duty LEO's from carrying. In our last in-service we were told as long as it's not federal property it was fair game within the state borders.

I know a lot of people who refuse to go to the RBC Center due to their policy. Most places that aim to restrict people from carrying weapons on their property are not intending for it to apply to LEO and you should still be good(correct me if I am wrong). But really if you conceal your weapon good enough no one will ever know anyways.

The main thing is no federal property and no alcohol. Did they not give you that paper that shows you where you are allowed to carry? It has the rules for Active LEO, Retired LEO and others.
    Last edited by Prov1x; 04-25-2011, 12:08 PM.
    yeah!

Comment

If it's private property, you can be kept from carrying your weapon regardless of Federal law pertaining to LEOs CCW.
      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Try this out
        http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/f6f95075...nce-Chart.aspx

Comment

What about public schools? I assume LEOs are allowed to carry but I can only imagine what would happen if a student or faculty member saw the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by gotitmadecij View Post
            There is the chart I was referring to! Still funny that out of state and retired officers can carry while consuming alcohol but active NC officers can't.

Originally posted by Hokie13 View Post
            What about public schools? I assume LEOs are allowed to carry but I can only imagine what would happen if a student or faculty member saw the gun.
            Yep, good to go.
            yeah!

Comment

RBC center only allows federal agents to carry concealed (and they must provide ID and sign in with where they will be sitting). They told me that it is because once upon a time in Greensboro, an officer had a negligent discharge during (I think an ACC tournament game) an event. It doesn't matter how well you conceal it because almost all events involve use of metal detectors for entry. It bogles my mind because I work off duty there (full uniform) but I can't carry when I go for personal business.

Comment

I'm assuming it's considered a private business, RPD07?
                sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Sure is, you buy a ticket to see an event and they can refuse you entry at their choosing and refund you your money. Personally, I still go there and don't feel the need to boycott them. I still have some form of a weapon on me to protect myself. I also know which events they don't use metal detectors at... so what they don't know won't hurt them.

Comment

I still went, it was something the spousal unit was dying to see. The were using metal detectors so you weren't sneaking it by at this event. Crappy policy though. First time I had been out of the house unarmed in so long I can't even remember.

Comment

Yeah, I hate going to hurricanes games for that reason...but I'm not technically sworn so I can't carry my duty weapon anyway. At least with the RPD presence I feel a little better...that is until I have to walk forever, unarmed, past drunken idiots, to get to my car.

Comment

As far as carrying in schools your good to go , although i did have a run in with one of the principals at the highschool. My shirt got stuck on a chair as i was standing up , one of the parents saw the gun , unknown to me. I was walking outside and the principal came running outside as im leaving and was like "one of the parents said you have a gun" i said yes sir but i also have the badge to go with it . He got real ****ty with me and started asking where do i work and who was my boss. I told him very politly the number he could call to confirm my employment and told him if he had any further questions he could direct them to the sheriff. Thing i dont get is if you think someone is armed and has no reason being why are you going to confront them with no weapon . I would have thought he would have called the cops to save his own @$$. But maybe thats just my way of thinking

Comment

Other people would have called the police.

Comment

I can't carry concealed in a nudist camp...without tremendous discomfort, that is.
                            "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Not to hijack the thread however, I have a similar question. Can you LEOs Concealed at Duke Hospital or do they have some sort of policy that says LEOs can not carry there?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6215 users online. 344 members and 5871 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X