300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raleigh PD basic

I have applied with Raleigh for their Basic academy. The original closing date was back in Jan. then was changed to March. I have completed my pt, reading and polygraph test in Feb., but I have not heard anything back. How long does it usually take to hear back after completing these steps? I am just trying to decide if I should start looking at other departments or just hold tight and wait.

Always apply to as many places as you can. Speaking from experience, if your just starting its good to have as many options as you can. A standard police department from Exam-Hire takes from 6-12 months depending on the department.

Comment

Originally posted by surfdad View Post
      I have applied with Raleigh for their Basic academy. The original closing date was back in Jan. then was changed to March. I have completed my pt, reading and polygraph test in Feb., but I have not heard anything back. How long does it usually take to hear back after completing these steps? I am just trying to decide if I should start looking at other departments or just hold tight and wait.
      Shouldn't be too long.....probably 6 months max for the entire process.
      yeah!

Comment

Thank you prov1x. I was also wondering if they have already disqualified me would I know or am I still a candidate? Does anyone know of any other good departments that are currently hiring?

Comment

Raleigh does not let you know if you are not going to be hired.

Comment

They are pretty good about keeping you up to date. They will notify you if you make it and if you don't make it.
            yeah!

Comment

I applied with RPD in March and just heard back for pt in the next week and polygraph at the end of May. I have heard next academy is scheduled for August. Anyone heard different?

Comment

I spoke with recruiting today and they are awaiting approval from the chief to begin the oral boards. they are looking at the end of may to get approval.

Comment

I am coming from Minnesota to Raleigh on May 23 and 24 for a polygraph, reading and writing test and a physical test. Any pointers for an out of state tester?

Also, does anyone know if there is a pay increase for having a 2 or 4 year degree? I could not find that on the website.

Comment

Originally posted by mnwannabe View Post
                    I am coming from Minnesota to Raleigh on May 23 and 24 for a polygraph, reading and writing test and a physical test. Any pointers for an out of state tester?

Also, does anyone know if there is a pay increase for having a 2 or 4 year degree? I could not find that on the website.
                    You get a check every year depending on which you have...I believe it's something like 1300 for Bachelors and something less than that for associates.
                    yeah!

Comment

mnwannabe, Do not really know about any pointers other than just exercise for the pt and be honest for the polygraph.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I don't think there will be any problem with the tests. I hope to meet some of you there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3372 users online. 223 members and 3149 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X