Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone near Asheville, or out "West" in the Mtn region?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone near Asheville, or out "West" in the Mtn region?

Looking to get some info on the area, if anyone's out that way.
    Thanks
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

What type of info are you looking for?
    John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

I live in Asheville. Go ahead with your question.

Comment

I am trying to find out if agencies in the area are hiring, or just collecting eligibiilty lists? I don't want to waste time chasing something that isn't going to pan out. So I'm looking for someone in the area who actually knows what's what and can advise some good information.

Thanks.. BE SAFE... play hard :-)
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

I'd check into it. A lot of these counties out here in Western NC are big, with smaller-than-average populations (excluding Buncombe). I go to school out here (about 40 mins South of Asheville) and my county's sheriffs dept. stays pretty busy just because it's a large area with a lot of smaller cities without police depts. I can't tell you for sure about the hiring part, but after I graduate, I definitely wouldn't mind working out here somewhere.
          We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.

Comment

I lived near Asheville for 4 years in college. Having checked some of the departments up there most require BLET certification. Any department in Watauga County requires BLET certification according to the Watauga County Employment Commission. Asheville PD is also accepting only certified candidates as of recently when I checked their website http://www.ashevillenc.gov/police

Charlotte is also out west but its farther south and not really what you seem to be asking for in this post.

Hope this helped. And since a WCU guy posted in this thread, Go Apps

Comment

Originally posted by TheMasterpiece View Post

Hope this helped. And since a WCU guy posted in this thread, Go Apps
              Just now saw this. Appreciate it. lol I'll give App one thing, their football team. Anything else is WCU all the way

I'm just playin with ya, take it easy my friend!
              We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5440 users online. 175 members and 5265 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X