300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raliegh PD

Just turned in my Lateral App for Raleigh. Any idea if they are hiring laterals at this time? how long the process takes? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

http://www.joinraleighpd.org/

Most of everything you need to know there..

Comment

Yes.......

Comment

website listed above has all the info you need. Good luck to you, I just turned in my application yesterday.

Comment

Masterpiece,
          Do you live in raleigh? How do you like it? What are some good areas to raise a family?

Comment

I have lived in Raleigh my entire life. I love it here. Its a rapidly growing city, currently around 400,000 people. The educational system isn't great (huge story there but that needs its own topic) and if you want to raise a family I'd stay away from the southwest (NC State University) and Southeast (worst part of the city even though its not really that bad). Anywhere in North Raleigh is great, like Brier Creek, Wakefield, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMasterpiece View Post
              I have lived in Raleigh my entire life. I love it here. Its a rapidly growing city, currently around 400,000 people. The educational system isn't great (huge story there but that needs its own topic) and if you want to raise a family I'd stay away from the southwest (NC State University) and Southeast (worst part of the city even though its not really that bad). Anywhere in North Raleigh is great, like Brier Creek, Wakefield, etc.
              There are plenty of good neighborhoods in the SWD. North Raleigh definitely has $hit holes just like anywhere else...even Wakefield. Every district has crappy areas but Southeast is just fortunate enough to have a lot of them(hence the need for more officers).
              Last edited by Prov1x; 03-28-2011, 04:33 PM.
              yeah!

Comment

So, I just spoke with recruitment for Lateral Transfers and I was told that they did receive my application but the closing date was in february. I was very disappointed, on a better note, she stated that the good thing is that they run lateral academies all the time and there should be another one coming up soon. I will hope for the best.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the application problem. I hope you can get into the next one.

Originally posted by Prov1x View Post
                  There are plenty of good neighborhoods in the SWD. North Raleigh definitely has $hit holes just like anywhere else...even Wakefield. Every district has crappy areas but Southeast is just fortunate enough to have a lot of them(hence the need for more officers).

I wouldn't want to live near the university though. Not to mention Hillsborough ST. is just awful now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4098 users online. 226 members and 3872 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X