• Show
Clear All

• Wake Tech BLET

Any one else going on Jan 3rd?

I was, but they filled up

Comment

Originally posted by Just514 View Post
      I was, but they filled up
      Fayettville Tech sent an email, they still have a couple open seats.

Comment

Thanks! I'll check it out

Comment

Amazing. First day of class and 5 people didn't show up.

Comment

Wow...kinda makes you wonder about people! So how was it?! Mine starts so soon. I'm so freaking nervous.

Edited: to add that I've been having nightmares (seriously) about being late for/missing the first day.

Comment

Just set your alarm clock and put a backup battery in it

Comment

Just remember that is always better to be 30 minutess early than 30 seconds late.

Comment

did they bring any reserve app up since 5 missed the first day?

Comment

Originally posted by Just514 View Post
                    did they bring any reserve app up since 5 missed the first day?
                    No, at 10:00 the door was closed. Once class starts no additions can be done. (Apparently this is a Standards thing).

We did the Cooper test toady. I thought I did badly, although I think I did better than most.
                    Last edited by arcop223; 01-04-2011, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Its Alright...they like to see inprovement with the coopers!! Makes me mad, so many people waiting to get in and 5 dont show up!!

Comment

Expect more to drop out. Buddy of mine went through the last class and said they lost about 10 by the end. Almost 1/3 of the class. Another thing that makes me wonder is the fact that many don't even pass the final popat...if you know when you take the initial one that you're gonna need to do X number of minutes better, then you'd think you'd amp it up to pass it by the end of the course.

Comment

It doesn't suprise me than five people missed the first day. When I was in college, it seemed like all of my classes were usually running at 50% attendance. People just think they deserve to be there, and that they deserve to pass, because they are able to breathe.
                          W.W.S.D
                          What Would Serpico Do?

Comment

I start BLET at another community college on the 24th. Not sure how many people will be in the class but I hear a lot don't make it. The last semester class that ended in December started with a full class of 25-30 and only 5 graduated, saw the pic in the local newspaper. What makes it harder than normal I assume is the fact that everything is jammed into only 4 months when most academies last 6 months. I did last part today, officially registered today, got the ID badge and parking pass. I completed everything months ago though. I have everything except part of my uniforms which was supposed to be ordered this week. So I'm good to go. Also the deadline has passed but today was the absolute deadline to turn the whole application packet in at least. Once people drop out those spots don't get filled in, if you didn't make one semester class then you have to wait until the next one. So if someone missed this deadline of this class I'm in then they'll have to wait until the August class.

I have the confidence that I want to do it and be a cop, I just don't have the full confidence yet that I'll be able to. I guess I need to stop worrying about it and just do it when it starts. If for some reason I can't get through it hopefully I'll mentally want to try it a 2nd time and have in my mind that I'll be ahead of the game since I did some of it already.

The instructor (or at least the guy head of BLET and Criminal Justice at the community college) seems like he's not 100% serious all the time which I like. I was worried it might be almost like a military boot camp, I know when to be serious and when it's ok not to be. He did say "if you're right on time you're late" which made me go , but then he said you had to be early. it starts at 0800 on Monday and if you're there right at 0800 then you're late, so have to be early everyday. Which I'm good at getting somewhere at least 10-15 minutes early anyways.
                            Last edited by SouthernGuy8503; 01-12-2011, 05:25 PM.

Comment

1 down. 23 left in the class.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4638 users online. 233 members and 4405 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X