Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone get their certification back recently?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone get their certification back recently?

    I am going on four weeks since my paperwork was sent off. After I got out of school it was almost three weeks before we were able to get it sent off. I am getting towards the end of FTO and we haven't heard a peep out of them. We have pretty much run out of crap to do until I get certified, mainly traffic stops. This is just getting really irritating.

  • #2
    It was 6 weeks before my certificate came back !! I dont know what the deal is in Raleigh , but they take their time.

    Comment


    • #3
      I've been in 10 years now. It used to take a matter of a few days, now it takes forever.

      I did a lateral transfer to another agency in NC in 2005, and it took at least two months for my stuff to come back. I started in July and was sworn in September.

      By the way, I'm not sure they actually send a "certificate" of any sort. I thought it was just a letter saying "go ahead and swear him/her in." I've never seen mine. Faxes used to suffice, now you have to wait for the actual letter in the mail.

      Comment


      • #4
        From my understanding of the situation you can thank your beloved governor for letting people go and overworking the staff T&S still has. Oh, she also cut their pay like the HP and NCDOC so your dealing with folks that are pretty mad right now. Does'nt make it right to take so long but what can you do. Just remember to not contact Raleigh, that avenue is for your Agency to use, just a tip.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by obxemt View Post
          I've been in 10 years now. It used to take a matter of a few days, now it takes forever.

          I did a lateral transfer to another agency in NC in 2005, and it took at least two months for my stuff to come back. I started in July and was sworn in September.

          By the way, I'm not sure they actually send a "certificate" of any sort. I thought it was just a letter saying "go ahead and swear him/her in." I've never seen mine. Faxes used to suffice, now you have to wait for the actual letter in the mail.
          What is it with NC and useless paperwork?

          Comment


          • #6
            That's bureaucracy everywhere! Why make something easy that is simple when you can unnecessarily complicate it? Egos play into it too.

            Why isn't there one central law enforcement training and standards instead of two? Why don't we combine Highway Patrol, DMV Enforcement, Marine Patrol, Wildlife, SBI, Capitol Police, etc. into one state police, and save the taxpayers millions? Why does every town with one square mile and a hundred citizens need its own police department? It's all about money, power, and ego.

            Comment


            • #7
              Well I finally heard back from them and they weren't happy with some of my paperwork from a few charges I had back in Ohio. I went and got it and sent it off on Friday so hopefully it won't take to long to get back this time.

              Comment


              • #8
                Curses, foiled again. Those bank robberies and indecent liberties charges from back in Ohio will get you every time!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by boomhower1820 View Post
                  Well I finally heard back from them and they weren't happy with some of my paperwork from a few charges I had back in Ohio. I went and got it and sent it off on Friday so hopefully it won't take to long to get back this time.
                  Did you list everything on your F-3, F-5, F-8 etc or is it something you failed to list?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by obxemt View Post
                    That's bureaucracy everywhere! Why make something easy that is simple when you can unnecessarily complicate it? Egos play into it too.

                    Why isn't there one central law enforcement training and standards instead of two? Why don't we combine Highway Patrol, DMV Enforcement, Marine Patrol, Wildlife, SBI, Capitol Police, etc. into one state police, and save the taxpayers millions? Why does every town with one square mile and a hundred citizens need its own police department? It's all about money, power, and ego.

                    Auto Response: The State Of North Carolina has taken your suggestions into consideration and in response wishes to notify you that we will dodge this question in lieu of an easier and much more meaningless and costly decision.

                    Thank You.

                    (not an actual state response for those who can't grip reality!!!)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BLETfun View Post
                      Did you list everything on your F-3, F-5, F-8 etc or is it something you failed to list?
                      They were listed, they just weren't satisfied with the paperwork they sent on them. They wanted copies of the original tickets with the disposition etc. What we sent them was a background that had them on there.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by boomhower1820 View Post
                        They were listed, they just weren't satisfied with the paperwork they sent on them. They wanted copies of the original tickets with the disposition etc. What we sent them was a background that had them on there.

                        Yeah, I can see why they would being out of state I guess.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Well I finally got my paperwork back at the end of last week. I'll get sworn in later this week. Took forever but it finally came through. All told it has taken close to three months from the time I got out of school to get it back.

                          Comment

                          MR300x250 Tablet

                          Collapse

                          What's Going On

                          Collapse

                          There are currently 2659 users online. 132 members and 2527 guests.

                          Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                          Welcome Ad

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X