300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the state allow me to?

Can I work at more than one agency at one time?
    For instance, Can I work at the S.O. fulltime and P.D. parttime?
    NO-LIFER

Yes.......
    yeah!

Comment

Yep, what he said^^^....you can have dual certifications

Comment

Before you start on that road, be sure to see if your SO will let you do that. Some agencies won't let you do that.

Comment

The training and standards for police and SO don't have an issue with it, but the agency that would be FT probably won't like it. There's issues of workman's comp in addition to injury. If you get injured while working the PT gig, the FT job is out an Officer. My Chief won't allow it; I was a sworn deputy at one time. He made me drop it.
          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Must be nice to be able to consider it! Our PT consists of pizza delivery or grass cutting...LOL.
            "...I'd never let you down, even if I could. I'd give up everything if only for your good..." 3 Doors Down

"Strength is when your body gives out and your heart and your mind take over"

Comment

Most larger police agencies wont allow you to work two places at a time. Smaller agencies tend to and it almost seems common for many of those officers to have dual cerifications.
              John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

My understanding is that you can work for two agencies only in any combination (local, county, company); e.g., you can't be sworn in three places at once.

Comment

Originally posted by nctroop14 View Post
                  Must be nice to be able to consider it! Our PT consists of pizza delivery or grass cutting...LOL.

Is that due to the schedules or the fact NCSHP won't let you be involved in other Law Enforcement?

Comment

Their policy used to be that they couldn't work or even be sworn with any other agency. I guess it's still the same.

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys and girl lol
                      NO-LIFER

Comment

Originally posted by obxemt View Post
                        Their policy used to be that they couldn't work or even be sworn with any other agency. I guess it's still the same.
                        Yea thats pretty much it!
                        "...I'd never let you down, even if I could. I'd give up everything if only for your good..." 3 Doors Down

"Strength is when your body gives out and your heart and your mind take over"

Comment

But as a friend of mine used to always say (with a NJ accent) "You got it made. You got the life."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6326 users online. 321 members and 6005 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X