300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Marijuana in NC?

Medical marijuana seems to be the new "dawg, these ain't my pants, yo" excuse. No one has any documentation of course, they just claim it. Do we actually have a statute that permits it? I remember it being discussed in BLET but that was 10 years ago and I can't remember what was said.

I read over 90-95 in its entirety and didn't see an answer.

But I found this online on a pro-weed website:

N o r t h C a r o l i n a

Bill approved: June 1979

Current status: Still in effect

Highlights: Allows physicians to prescribe marijuana for cancer chemotherapy

Is that true?

My concern isn't anyone who is actually terminally ill, but whether statute actually permits it and, if so, what the requirements are.

Thanks.

I am not sure but I would imagine that anyone had a legitimate prescription would have documentation.
    “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
    ― Henry Ford

Comment

Of course. My sergeant told me a story years ago of someone who had pre-rolled marijuana cigarettes in a legitimate prescription bottle. They didn't charge her.

I'm just curious if that is still illegal, discretion aside.

Comment

What bill would that be? 420?

J/K What is the alleged bill number from 1979?
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Ha, exactly!

That was all the information there was on the doper website.

Comment

There is a drug in NC that can be prescribed that is called Marinol. It is pure synthesized THC. Its used for cancer and such patients that have a problem with their appetite. That's about the closest i've ever seen to any legal marijuana in NC.

Comment

As of today there are 13 states that have legalized medicinal marijuana. North Carolina is not one of them.Although 14 states are pending North Carolina being one of them. The topic was discussed earlier this year as you can see here http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/s...es/NCH1380.pdf Medicinal marijuana comes in only one form that I know of and that is the pre-rolled marijuana cigarettes. They should either be in a prescription type bottle a or tin canister with the prescription label on the bottle. As far as someone saying "dis is fo medical use bro" uhm wheres the paperwork? Also heres something to ponder... If it's legal in California and you are here visiting does that mean that you can be charged in NC?
              NO-LIFER

Comment

I would say yes because the legality in the home state is irrelevant to an offense which takes place in NC. You can charge window tint violations to drivers from out-of-state. Whether you (or I) actually would in both questions is a different issue.

Comment

I would charge.
                  NO-LIFER

Comment

Graduated already, Hale?
                    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

lol yea I will never go through that bs again lol
                      NO-LIFER

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5470 users online. 301 members and 5169 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X