300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im Hired!!!

I start on the first of October and I was told that my department does not issue firearms for all deputies so here is what I have found... A new Glock 22c with Trijicon night sights and 3 high cap magazines shipped for 527.00. I was wondering is the Glock 22 a good gun and is am I getting a good price on the weapon? also what kind of holster should I look into getting? What other things should I look into getting for starting this job?
    NO-LIFER

I'd go with the 22 vs the 22c. The 22C is the compensated version and, in my view, the comp is ok for competition but not the best idea for LEO. Lot of reasons for that if you think about how we may be called upon to use our weapon. In terms of a holster, I use the safariland 6280 and love it.
    As far as price goes, with three mags and night sights, 527 seems an ok price

Comment

Cool, Thanks for the information. I can get the 22 (not the c model) with everything mentioned above for $503.00. I will check out the holster. Also, do I need any kind of gear bag or anything else?
      NO-LIFER

Comment

Congratulations, Hale!
        Sworn on September 22, 2010

Comment

Law enforcement pricing on Glocks is $398.20 for the standard version with standard sights. Night sights add around $50. Not sure what the "C" model upgrade charge is.

Glock used to specifically recommend against the compensated models for law enforcement because you could find yourself shooting in strange positions and end up getting hot gases and debris in your eyes in the middle of a deadly force encounter.

Congratulations on the job.

Edited to add: The Glock 22 is probably the most popular law enforcement sidearm in the US. I prefer the 23 because the compact frame fits me better, but I wouldn't hesitate to carry or recommend a G22.
          Last edited by obxemt; 09-21-2009, 07:43 AM.

Comment

500 is about right... out the door......congrats!!!
            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Isn't the 22 a .40? Why not go with the 21 which is a .45? The gun shoots the same and isn't .45 ammo cheaper?
              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Sorry, Hale...congrats on the job, of course!
                sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

lol My dept wants you to carry .40
                  NO-LIFER

Comment

As a Glock armorer I would recomend a 22 not the 22c. Also,you may wanna look at the 23. Its a compact version of the 22. This is good for off duty cary. Still good size and just slightly smaller for off duty use. Someone mentioned a .45 becasue the ammo was cheaper. This is your life and the last thing that may stand between you and death are you really going to carry something because the ammo is a little cheaper? Its personal preference but go with what you have confidence in not what is currently cheaper. As far as a holster, safariland has some good Glock holsters and is what I use. Good luck, sorry your dept. wont supply you with a gun though where are you going to work at that wont supply you a gun? If you shoot someone, the SBI is going to take that weapon and god only knows when and if you will get it back. Just my 2 cents.
                    Susupect Suspect..I have a trianed K9 come out come out or you will be bitten.

Comment

ROFL. "Somebody" didn't mention a .45, *I* mentioned a 45 and I said it three posts up...no need to be tentative about it. I'm sorry, I ASSUMED he was going to be proficient with whatever he chose to carry. I didn't realize I should have listed ALL the reasons I'd prefer a .45 over a .40 and merely mentioned the ammo is cheaper on the .45 and has been for years...making the connection of course that to be proficient requires regular training, which requires rounds, which requires money and obviously the department isn't going to supply him with ammo. I possess a 26 for my BG, carry a 31 for a duty weapon and the 22 is in the car. Next time I'll be sure to include a dissertation on why the .45 is a more effective duty weapon.
                      sigpic

Comment

Great Scott, all the smileys in the world couldn't hide the snarkiness of that post!

Comment

smurfette, you scare the **** outta me
                          NO-LIFER

Comment

Smurfette, come on now we have been around for a bit and I didnt mean to do anything in anyway that belittled your post. I said someone posted a .45 merly because I was too lazy to look at who and it didnt matter who. Please accept my apologies if I came across wrong it wasnt my intention at all, especially not to you, you have helped me out more than anyone else. Have a smurfy day and keep smurfing.
                            Susupect Suspect..I have a trianed K9 come out come out or you will be bitten.

Comment

Sarpup,

Apparently, I owe you an apology too. I stopped short of pulling another posters head off last night. I didn't mean to be so rough and abrasive...truly did not...I think my gauge was off a bit last night and I was coming across bitchy and aggressive instead of humerous.

I apologize for being such a witch. Accepted?
                              sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6498 users online. 354 members and 6144 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X