300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Carolina Highway Patrol

I was wondering if anyone could answer for me if NCSHP works permanent or rotating shifts and if they work 8, 10 ,or 12 hour shifts? I looked through some of the other threads and their website and I couldn't find this information. Thank you for any responses.

I'm not a Trooper, but from what I know 12's are few and far between. Other than that it differs drastically between every county. All depends on if the county is short handed or not. Some are more flexible than others.

Comment

Each district is different. Most places are on 8's...but some are on 10's and
      12's. Most of the time you are on rotating shifts, some counties have perm.
      3rd shift cars. Do you have an idea which area you want to work?
      "...I'd never let you down, even if I could. I'd give up everything if only for your good..." 3 Doors Down

"Strength is when your body gives out and your heart and your mind take over"

Comment

Thanks for the information. Best case scenario I would like to work in the Charlotte or research triangle area.

Comment

Originally posted by nctroop14 View Post
          Do you have an idea which area you want to work?
          Do your boys/girls get a choice now?

Comment

It varies...they used to GIVE you your duty station. Past schools have gotten to pick and hash it out amongst themselves. Who knows how they are making the decision now. If you desire a bigger area like Raleigh for instance, you have a better chance to get there. Plus, there are always openings at the beach!!
            "...I'd never let you down, even if I could. I'd give up everything if only for your good..." 3 Doors Down

"Strength is when your body gives out and your heart and your mind take over"

Comment

Originally posted by nctroop14 View Post
              Plus, there are always openings at the beach!!
              That's what I hear!

Maybe I should aim for the 2012 class before I age out.

I'd love to work Currituck or thereabouts.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5649 users online. 317 members and 5332 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X