Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smurfette_76
    replied
    Know that subject inside and out. It will be used the most out here.

Leave a comment:

• MazdaMarc
    replied
    yea Juvenile law and civil law i am dreading to get to. we are on arrest search and seisure now thanks for the help and advice.

Leave a comment:

• Smurfette_76
    replied
    Juvenile law and civil law will leave you comatose. They suck. Always have. Always will. I was only teasing you a bit, Marc. Chances are if I'd have had the internet available when I went through, I'd have been here as well. You're going to be fine. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• MazdaMarc
    replied
    yea ill admit i asked a lot of questions but i was nervous and needed to settle down. now Ive been to two classes and basically its a lot like college and two a day practice. Sometimes it does get boring but instructor told us we need to take an interest into it to help time pass and its helping out. I just wanted to be prepared and considering i have had a problem with weak ankles my whole life i just wanted to buy the best the first time.

Leave a comment:

• Prov1x
    replied
    Last edited by Prov1x; 02-11-2010, 11:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Smurfette_76
    replied
    Perhaps it was because the internet was not widely used then, but when I went to BLET, you just went. You handled business, you showed up, you did what you were told and that was it. None of the worrying about shoes and yada yada yada...you took yourself, your common sense, the books they gave you and you WENT.

Y'all are seriously over-analyzing it...stressing it...worrying. Just freaking GOOOOOO. Sit. Hush. Pay attention...stay awake (PROV!). Go. It will all work out.

I didn't call anyone. I didn't ask other Officers. I didn't flip over what was coming up and I was a 21 year old GIRL with a two year old kid at home. Chilll out, y'all. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Prov1x
    replied
    Originally posted by MazdaMarc View Post
    OK i went with brooks i like them so far. we had our first assessment today and i gotta work on the push ups alot im going to have to push myself. first POPAT is Oct 1. good luck
    Good luck...push ups suck. I am still trying to get my numbers up where I want them to be.

I was at 30 on my first assessment and now I can do around 42 or 43 in a minute.

Leave a comment:

• MazdaMarc
    replied
    OK i went with brooks i like them so far. we had our first assessment today and i gotta work on the push ups alot im going to have to push myself. first POPAT is Oct 1. good luck

Leave a comment:

• robot313
    replied
    What Prov1x said. I have Asics with the gel in them. They were only $50 so maybe not the best ones but they work great so far. I thought I would do ok on the assessment. I got poor or very poor for everything except 300 meter and pushups. Lot of work to do so I can pass the POPAT but I know I can do it.

Leave a comment:

• Prov1x
    replied
    Anything but Nike? Our class wears mostly Asics or Brooks.

Leave a comment:

• MazdaMarc
    replied
    yea we started today and went through class orientation and PT section of the course objectives. i think i will be OK on the physical part and the popat now that we are going to do 15 weeks of PT. I have my first PT assessment Saturday we have to do as many push up and sit ups in a minute, max bench press, 300 yard dash and 1.5 mile run. thanks for all the reply does anyone have running shoes they recommend i need something with ankle support i am hearing good things about the under armor shoes.

Leave a comment:

• robot313
    replied
    Judging by the date on your post I assume you already started. I started last week. PT Assessments and first PT session was last night. They push you. I tried to prepare but did not do enough. I'm sore today and PT will be again tonight. I will have to work on my pushups and situps a lot. Doing situps with nobody holding your feet is hard! Most people agree if you can pump out your situps and pushups you will have no problem with the POPAT. As far as the book work, so far it's cake, but I start Arrest Search and Seizure tonight so we'll see! Study the objectives.

Leave a comment:

• obxemt
    replied
    Ok, ours must have been coming from the program director then.

Leave a comment:

• Prov1x
    replied
    Originally posted by obxemt View Post
    That must vary depending on the provider of the class, or else something changed. If memory serves, our instructors had never seen our exams before they were given. And, I clearly remember that when they taught, they constantly referenced the objectives, and they were the source for all our exams throughout the class.
    Our instructors make the exams themselves.

Leave a comment:

• obxemt
    replied
    Originally posted by Prov1x View Post
    Studying objectives only works for the state exam.
    That must vary depending on the provider of the class, or else something changed. If memory serves, our instructors had never seen our exams before they were given. And, I clearly remember that when they taught, they constantly referenced the objectives, and they were the source for all our exams throughout the class.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2833 users online. 125 members and 2708 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X