300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about BLET

Hi, i am about to start BLET next week and i was wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions to make things smoother like what units i need to study the most and basically just tips for the book work. i am ok physically a lil over weight but i have started running 4 times a week so i think that will take care of its self. also does anyone have a plan to get me prepared for PT its eleven weeks long with the instructors but that's not enough time to get me prepared for running 2 and 3 miles. thanks any help is greatly appreciated.

The tests vary in difficulty because the instructors make them....so it just depends on how hard they decide to make them. If it starts in a week, your physical abilities can't change between now and then so hopefully you are good enough in the runs and pushups/situps.
    yeah!

Comment

i'm pretty sure the on pt requirements are the POPAT which is a cake walk with the 7mins20secs they give you to do it in. plus running is mind over matter anyway.

Comment

POPAT is all about push-ups and sit-ups. If you can do that you can walk the rest of the course. It really is very easy all things considered.

As mentioned each school makes their own tests so they can very quite a bit but material wise the hardest in to me was arrest/search/seizure, traffic law, civil law, and juvenile law.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Prov1x View Post
          The tests vary in difficulty because the instructors make them...
          Is that true?

To the OP, I went through the first BLET 2000 class and everything (and I mean everything) on my state exam came DIRECTLY from the objectives at the beginning of each chapter/unit/section. The night before the exam, I did nothing but review the objectives, and there were some questions that I instantly knew the answer to because of that review that I otherwise wouldn't have known. I scored the highest in the class on the state exam, and I've convinced it was because of that review.

Originally posted by boomhower1820 View Post
          POPAT is all about push-ups and sit-ups. If you can do that you can walk the rest of the course. It really is very easy all things considered.
          Exactly. The first day of my class, two people passed. The second set of sit-ups and/or push-ups was what got everyone. We had only academic failures in my class, none were physical.

Comment

Well in my BLET they told all students in the class to make sure to read the lesson plan the day before. Our instructors always gave pop-quizzes just to see if you had studied. But all question will come from the objectives. The PT will come together, you will do enough running and situps ,pushups that you will be ready when the Popat comes around. Just pay attention in Class and you shouldn't have any issues. Goodluck

Comment

Depends on where you go. Some schools are cake, others really test you.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaMarc View Post
                Hi, i am about to start BLET next week and i was wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions to make things smoother like what units i need to study the most and basically just tips for the book work. i am ok physically a lil over weight but i have started running 4 times a week so i think that will take care of its self. also does anyone have a plan to get me prepared for PT its eleven weeks long with the instructors but that's not enough time to get me prepared for running 2 and 3 miles. thanks any help is greatly appreciated.
                I went through blet at Wake Tech a couple of years ago. I remember losing a few people in our class after the Elements of Law test. Arrest Search and Seizure was also a chapter some people had problems with. Sad to say but all course material for NC is at 10th grade level reading. It can be stressful though knowing you can flunk out of the class after failing I think three tests. Study objectives and you will do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dspcop View Post
                  Sad to say but all course material for NC is at 10th grade level reading.
                  That's awful generous.

I would have put it somewhere in middle school.

Comment

Studying objectives only works for the state exam.
                    yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Prov1x View Post
                      Studying objectives only works for the state exam.
                      That must vary depending on the provider of the class, or else something changed. If memory serves, our instructors had never seen our exams before they were given. And, I clearly remember that when they taught, they constantly referenced the objectives, and they were the source for all our exams throughout the class.

Comment

Originally posted by obxemt View Post
                        That must vary depending on the provider of the class, or else something changed. If memory serves, our instructors had never seen our exams before they were given. And, I clearly remember that when they taught, they constantly referenced the objectives, and they were the source for all our exams throughout the class.
                        Our instructors make the exams themselves.
                        yeah!

Comment

Ok, ours must have been coming from the program director then.

Comment

Judging by the date on your post I assume you already started. I started last week. PT Assessments and first PT session was last night. They push you. I tried to prepare but did not do enough. I'm sore today and PT will be again tonight. I will have to work on my pushups and situps a lot. Doing situps with nobody holding your feet is hard! Most people agree if you can pump out your situps and pushups you will have no problem with the POPAT. As far as the book work, so far it's cake, but I start Arrest Search and Seizure tonight so we'll see! Study the objectives.

Comment

yea we started today and went through class orientation and PT section of the course objectives. i think i will be OK on the physical part and the popat now that we are going to do 15 weeks of PT. I have my first PT assessment Saturday we have to do as many push up and sit ups in a minute, max bench press, 300 yard dash and 1.5 mile run. thanks for all the reply does anyone have running shoes they recommend i need something with ankle support i am hearing good things about the under armor shoes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5481 users online. 324 members and 5157 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X