300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chapel Hill PD

So I got my application in to the CHPD a few weeks ago, ive been told I wont hear anything until after the closing date. Has anyone else applied and heard anything? Also what is their reputation like? Im a Georgia boy so ive only been up there once recently.
    Graduate of Athens Regional Police Academy - 235th BLETC

Someone has to know something about these cats.

Comment

I don't work for CHPD, but I spent some time living in Chapel Hill.

Chapel Hill is a very liberal college town. You'll need to have some major patience dealing with the know-it-all college students.

You'll stay very busy, especially when school is in session.

There is a big bar district that usually has quite a few fights/disturbances around closing time.

There are a few high-crime areas that you can get into just about anything in. There are usually a handful of homicides each year.

The officers there are very squared away. They seem to have decent equipment, and they are allowed to be pretty proactive.

Comment

Hey thanks for the info!

Im recently out of UGA - and Chapel Hill is seriously like a mini Athens, GA. I like it. I also think I can deal with know-it-all college kids pretty well, considering that I was one until I got a big nasty spoonful of the real world.

I hope they contact me. Got a sister there getting her PHD in Journalism. And they have a great micro brew culture there. Seems like a good place.

Comment

Originally posted by TriangleLE View Post
          I don't work for CHPD, but I spent some time living in Chapel Hill.

Chapel Hill is a very liberal college town. You'll need to have some major patience dealing with the know-it-all college students.

You'll stay very busy, especially when school is in session.

There is a big bar district that usually has quite a few fights/disturbances around closing time.

There are a few high-crime areas that you can get into just about anything in. There are usually a handful of homicides each year.

The officers there are very squared away. They seem to have decent equipment, and they are allowed to be pretty proactive.
          +1 on everything here. Also the town council sucks but if you can bite your tongue it is a top notch job.

Comment

We just got lateral form Chapel Hill that said he left because the department discouraged arresting or citing students, although they make up a big portion of the town. Very liberal town...

Comment

When I went to school there way back in the 90s I knew a cop that was on a drug detail and they were making a lot of arrests down on the far west end of rosemary st. They were so good at it that the stats started to tick up with all of their busts. So the university got wind of it and in a round about way had the detail slow down. The word was that having all those drugs arrests on the books did not look good when mommy and daddy start checking out the school for little jimmy and suzy. Politics greatly affects who and what type of enforcement you can do in that town. Always has and always will. If you can stand it, its a good job. I could not do it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6727 users online. 368 members and 6359 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X