300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Officers Physical Fitness Test

I am going to be starting BLET at a NC community college in August. Since I train regularly, I am trying to figure out what the exact requirements are for passing the physical fitness testing. So far the only information I've been able to get is that push ups, sit ups, and running 1.5 miles is involved.

Can you guys help me find the specific requirements? How many push ups and sit ups in what amount of time? What is the time limit for the 1.5 mile run? Is there anything else?

You have 7 minutes and 19 seconds to pass the following, 7 minutes and 20 seconds...you fail

http://www.jus.state.nc.us/NCJA/studeval.pdf
    Last edited by deputync; 05-19-2009, 09:44 AM.
    Religion is flawed, because man is flawed.

Comment

Interesting. The instructor that I've been e-mailing referred specifically to a "Police Officers Physical Fitness Test". I haven't been able to get the details, though. I wonder if thats what he was referring to....
      Last edited by tptgymrat; 05-19-2009, 02:29 PM. Reason: I missed a letter...

Comment

Originally posted by tptgymrat View Post
        Interesting. The instructor that I've been e-mailing referred specifically to a "Police Officers Physical Fitness Test". I haven't been able to get the details, though. I wonder if thats what he was referring to....
        The physical assesssment (PA) is different from the police officer physical agility test (POPAT). I think your are referring to the PA, which has a 1.5 mile run, deep knee bends, push-ups, sit-ups, chair dips, (all for 1 minute) and flexiblity and strength exercises (bench press, standing jump, sit and reach, and whatever that is when you walk up and down from front to back on the step up for 5 minutes and the heart rate is taken and listed. Oh yeah, the blood pressure is taken before all of this is done.

Comment

We took a "Physical Abilities Test". In order- BP & pulse, weight & bodyfat (skin fold/calipers), vertical jump, pushups for one minute, situps for one minute, maximum bench press, 1.5 mile run & a 300m sprint.

Comment

Originally posted by Lingenfelser View Post
            We took a "Physical Abilities Test". In order- BP & pulse, weight & bodyfat (skin fold/calipers), vertical jump, pushups for one minute, situps for one minute, maximum bench press, 1.5 mile run & a 300m sprint.
            This sounds like the closest to what the guy was talking about in the e-mail. Was there a passing "score" that you had to achieve for the various activities? Or was it just an assessment of what you could and couldn't do?

Man I miss the ol' Marine Corps PFT. Why can't we just stick with that? lol

Comment

This sounds like the closest to what the guy was talking about in the e-mail. Was there a passing "score" that you had to achieve for the various activities? Or was it just an assessment of what you could and couldn't do?

I miss the old Marine Corps PFT as well. However, the Corps is not even doing that anymore. They also have the Combat Fitness Course, coupled with the PFT. Thank god I got out right before they started that...lol
              Religion is flawed, because man is flawed.

Comment

Wow, that's the first I've heard of the CFT. I got out in '07.

Ya know, one of the reasons I got out of the Corps was because I was tired of the stupid physical testing all the time. I hated working out. Two years later I'm going to the gym every day and begging for info about the physical fitness tests that I'll have the pleasure of passing, lol.

Comment

We were given two PA's and we had to pass both. If the cadet failed the final, there was a make up before the state exam. If the cadet fails that PA, then adios amigos, c-ya, wouldn't want to be ya. BLET has to be repeated in its entirety. We had one out of 14 in my class that this happened to. He's a detention officer at the county jail now. Really, there is no excuse for failing. Everything is done in order to help the cadet pass.
                  Last edited by Lawman17101; 05-20-2009, 04:17 AM.

Comment

I don't recall a passing grade, per se, but you are scored on a percentile basis, based on your age & gender & then rated "needs work", "fair", "fit" & "excellent" for each event/category.

No doubt about the "military style" PT. Guilford Tech has a pretty hard core PT program & for the first few weeks I felt like I was back in Infantry Basic Training at Ft. Benning (which kind of sucks, 'cos that was 21 yrs ago!).

Comment

We had the POPAT (state requirement).

Comment

Originally posted by BLETfun View Post
                        We had the POPAT (state requirement).
                        Yes, I think the PA's were just an FTCC requirement, but I don't know for sure. Now the POPAT is through state. We, of course had to pass that as well. The final has to be done faster and more PU's, SU's, (20 reps) and two street names.

Comment

I am in BLET now and the PA has changed from what most of you have done. Now all it consists of is vertical jump, push-ups, sit-ups, bench press, 300M sprint, 1.5 mile run. There is no pass/fail. The point is to see your progression through the course and your improvement. It also helps the instructors see what they have to work with before starting PT. Our class is pretty varied. Fasted 1.5 time 11:22 and the slowest was around 25 min. Of course each program can increase the standards beyond the state and can make a certain fitness level a requirement as Fayetteville does.

POPAT is still the same 7:20.

Comment

Originally posted by boomhower1820 View Post
                            I am in BLET now and the PA has changed from what most of you have done. Now all it consists of is vertical jump, push-ups, sit-ups, bench press, 300M sprint, 1.5 mile run. There is no pass/fail. The point is to see your progression through the course and your improvement. It also helps the instructors see what they have to work with before starting PT. Our class is pretty varied. Fasted 1.5 time 11:22 and the slowest was around 25 min. Of course each program can increase the standards beyond the state and can make a certain fitness level a requirement as Fayetteville does.

POPAT is still the same 7:20.
                            That is the same Assesment I had boomhower minus the 300 m sprint. It also helped the instructors in measuring whether they thought you would pass the POPAT or not as well. If you can't do 40 PU and 40 SU you're not passing the POPAT. In doing so they knew who to push on and in what direction to push. If you had bad cardio you ran, weak upper body strength you did PU and weights, and if you were bad in both you cross trained. A good little tool for the instructors.
                            Last edited by BLETfun; 06-02-2009, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawman17101 View Post
                              Yes, I think the PA's were just an FTCC requirement, but I don't know for sure. Now the POPAT is through state. We, of course had to pass that as well. The final has to be done faster and more PU's, SU's, (20 reps) and two street names.
                              Lawman the PA is part of the BLET training and is written into the PF block of instruction. The progress sheet that the school keeps is part of the information sent to Justice and Standards once you graduate, or so I am told?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3879 users online. 245 members and 3634 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X