Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Message of thanks! Got my conditional offer!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Message of thanks! Got my conditional offer!

Just wanted to say thanks to all the people and stories here on this site. I learned alot about what to say and what to do when applying. I was honest, truthful and stuck to my guns when needed. Had a rough time in PT tests but managed through(Injured during test, but choose to still keep going). Met a lot of great people and had a great recruiter at RPD. I passed my oral boards with flying colors. Did great on the wonderlich test. I also did my psych test and met with the psychiatrist. (PS I have no superpowers I've not told anyone about, Yes I talk to my dog, but no he doesnt talk back.) I got my conditional offer and I am lucky enough to get to start a new career in Raleigh. This was the only dept I applied to and my 1st application, so I consider myself extemely lucky. Now I'm ready to buckle down and learn everything I can! To any future applicants: Pay attention to what you read on this site, it HELPS!
    Last edited by Sledge; 04-29-2009, 09:26 PM.

Congrats!! Maybe I'll see you riding around in a patrol car not to long from now :-).
    yeah!

Comment

Congrats....
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Originally posted by Prov1x View Post
        Congrats!! Maybe I'll see you riding around in a patrol car not to long from now :-).
        It'll be awhile...Academy isn't for a bit...then when it starts, its long...

Comment

Originally posted by CobaltNC View Post
          It'll be awhile...Academy isn't for a bit...then when it starts, its long...
          Thought it started in July and lasted for 5-6 months?
          yeah!

Comment

Congrats and good luck in the Academy!!
            I and the public know
            What all schoolchildren learn,
            Those to whom evil is done
            Do evil in return.

-W. H. Auden, "September 1, 1939"

Comment

They have to do a lateral academy 1st, full academy was scheduled for end of june, but then seems to be pushed back to july....rumors of even october or september...hopefully if its that far i can get a prehire and just work around the dept before the academy. Still , Im just happy to be where I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Prov1x View Post
                Thought it started in July and lasted for 5-6 months?
                7 months.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8912 users online. 451 members and 8461 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X