300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone attend BLET at Guilford Tech?

Hey, all. Things are looking VERY good for me getting hired by the Burlington PD. Per the recruiter, they will most likely send their next batch of Cadets/applicants to Guilford Tech for BLET.

Recruiter says Guilford Tech has a great program & that I'll get a much better education than if they sent me to Alamance Community College, so that's a plus.

Sooo.... Anyone go through Guilford Tech or know someone who has? Any insights or tips for me? Just a heads up on what to expect?

I'm retiring from the Army in a couple months, so even though I didn't particularly enjoy it, I am used to the Basic Training/Infantry/Airborne/NCO Professional Development-type "hooah" school environments.

Thanks in advance for any tips/info.

i went to BLET at Forsyth Tech Community College a LONG time ago. and got strayed away from CJ but thats another story.

anyway even back then GTCC had a great BLET. its gotten even better since then. they have their own campus. which isn't normal at most of the other Community College's in NC.

i have always heard they run one of the best BLET's in the state. especially considering its a Community College.

thanskf or your military service and good luck to you, you will have a ball in BLET! just make sure you dedicate a little time very night at home to study, listen in class and you'll be fine. they will throw alot of information your way in 3-4 months. when you cover Civil in class, try to stay wake. it was definitely the worst part of BLET.

again, good luck, have fun!

Comment

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Comment

I graduated BLET from GTCC in December of 06. It was a very good program. The instructers are top notch and will get the most out of you. The Physical Fitness Training is second to none for a community college.

Comment

Also, the facilities are very nice. They have a nice driving track, a FATS system, and a apartment, bar, and jail cell for practicals.

Comment

Very cool. Thanks!

I've heard the PT was pretty good, so I'm glad I've been staying/getting in shape. Gym 2 -3 times per week & run 2.5 to 4 miles, 3 times per week (8 min. pace, aka 12 min. for the 1.5 miler).

Comment

No, FTCC for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawman17101 View Post
                No, FTCC for me.
                are you familiar with FTCC?

Comment

I am very familiar with it. I earned a criminal justice degree and graduated from BLET there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2898 users online. 181 members and 2717 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X