300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jail

the county that im liveing is geting a new jail by the time the jail is up and running i'll be 18 i'd like to know what kind of job i can do me being so young
    Last edited by kevin_kcm; 09-13-2008, 11:52 AM.

I think you should check your english on this post

Not from NC, but I know around here 18 is definitely way to young to be a corrections officer. Graduate high school and then start working on your degree, no need to rush things..

Comment

Originally posted by kevin_kcm View Post
      the county im liveing is geting a new jail by the time the jail is up and runing i will be 18 what jobs r they at the i can do can i be a jailer or im i to young to to a jailer
      Try again?

Comment

Be nice people ,pleeze? Anyways to answer your question ,yes you are too young. Most PD's or Sheriffs and I think the NCDOC requires you to be 21.

Also I am hoping you have or will graduate high school because the PD's and Sheriff also require a HS diploma or a GED. This is not making fun of you just going by the age you gave.
        Last edited by BLETfun; 09-13-2008, 05:33 AM. Reason: 1

Comment

In today's employment a high school diploma or GED will not stand a chance in the competition. Maybe back when I graduated in 1991 it may have been ok but to separate yourself from the pack you need a bachelors degree. Most departments now require the degree to get promoted. Your at a great age to continue your education. If you wait like some of us did to get the degree then it becomes a lot harder. Dont let yourself fall into the trap of wanting to get to work now and then get stuck at the bottom level and not have a opportunity to promote. If you choose not to listen to this advice I want you to print this comment and fold it in your pocket for about 5 years then pull it back out......Im sure you will say he was right.
          NCSHP
          APPLICATION SUBMITTED OCT 2007
          PHYSICAL AGILITY AND WRITTEN 156 T-SCORE
          POLYGRAPH PASSED
          BACKROUND COMPLETED
          REVIEW BOARD NO GO
          CONDITIONAL OFFER
          PHYSICAL
          PSYCHOLOGICAL
          ACCEPTANCE LETTER
          ACADEMY DATE NOV 12 2008

---------------------------------------------------
          SUCCESS IS EARNED NOT GIVEN
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by district6 View Post
            In today's employment a high school diploma or GED will not stand a chance in the competition. Maybe back when I graduated in 1991 it may have been ok but to separate yourself from the pack you need a bachelors degree. Most departments now require the degree to get promoted. Your at a great age to continue your education. If you wait like some of us did to get the degree then it becomes a lot harder. Dont let yourself fall into the trap of wanting to get to work now and then get stuck at the bottom level and not have a opportunity to promote. If you choose not to listen to this advice I want you to print this comment and fold it in your pocket for about 5 years then pull it back out......Im sure you will say he was right.
            Some smaller PD's do not require a BD in Criminal Justice but I agree with you that having one before is far better than not. Those smaller PD's will be eventually start asking for a BD ,it is coming around.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5400 users online. 294 members and 5106 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X