300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davidson County CC BLET

Does anyone know anything about the BLET program at Davidson County CC? I will be taking my BLET course this jan/feb and i was wondering if anyone knew anything about the instructors, severity of pt, respect of the program or any such information. Also after graduating from BLET I will be looking to get hired by a small pd. Anyone have any good suggestions? None of this Charlotte Raliegh or Durham mess for me.

Dccc

I graduated from DCCC last year, and I can tell you they are a top notch school; the faculty and the instructors are there for the students, they want to see all their students graduate! My BLET was the part time, evening program. Mine was one long one: nine months. It was that long because of scheduling issues. Feel free to ask more questions about DCCC.

Comment

so is the pt pretty difficult? I am from Lexington but have been living in concord for the last year. Kinda lost touch with some of the guys up that way. Do you know anything about lexington pd? I was wanting to try to get hired their but no one in the pd will talk to me about sponsorship or anything. Like I called the first few times and then i actually went to the pd and the person at the desk told me to leave my name and number and someone would call me... its been 3 months.. Had a uncle who was with lexington for awhile and said thier was a lot of politics, like more so than most places.. he's now at Davie County Sheriff...

Comment

The PT was okay. We did a lot of running; we also did circuit training in the gym and the weight room. One of my former class mates is having to redo PT now, and from what I hear, most, if not all of it is going to be done by NCSHP troopers. The classroom portion is done by one of the High Point officers. Lexington is actually the department that sponsored me. I got hold of them, and the Captain signed off for me on the spot. I cannot remember the name of him. I originally sent an email to the Chief, and he forwarded my message to the Captain. I will give you more information in a Private Message.

Comment

i went to Forsyth Tech BLET several years ago, it was ok. but i have always heard DCCC & GTCC were 2 of the best in the state.

when you finish and looking for a small PD, check into Kernersville. i did my internship with them and they sponsored me in BLET. great Chief, equipment and department. and they are busier than you think they would be.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3417 users online. 171 members and 3246 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X