300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Started BLET

Hey everybody, I know there's probably a lot of threads about new guys/female's starting BLET, but this one is different, because this is about me, haha. Anyway, I started BLET last Monday and just finished my first week of it. We covered Arrest, Search & Seizures and Physical Fitness. I test on the 2 subjects on Tuesday.

Also, we did our first Physical Assessment and a practice POPAT. I did the POPAT in 6:18. I don't think that's too bad for my first time and not really being in tip top shape. All-in-all I feel pretty good about what I've learned so far. We start First Responder this week, and start doing PT 4 days a week.

Well that's all for now, I might periodically update the thread and anybody that wants to put in stories of their past experiences with BLET, feel free.

Congrats and good luck!
    "A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Comment

congrats. i too finished the first week and test tomorrow on Orientation, PT, and Ethics.

We start arrest search seizure/criminal elements/ and something else this week.

What academy are you in?
      Serving Since "Breakfast"

Comment

Congrats and good luck to you both.
        "Silence! I Kill You!"

Comment

Heck, that's a great time for POPAT this early in BLET. I am about done with BLET and will take the state exam this coming Wednesday. My class started with 26, and only 5 people finished POPAT in under 7:20 the 1st time around, which was 2 weeks into BLET. I was one.

Good luck to you!

CQ

Comment

Thanks everybody. Guzman, I'm at Mitchell Community College in Statesville, NC.

Comment

cool. Im at Coastal Plain in Wilson. Best of luck to you. Study hard!

Comment

Same to you man, keep us Updated on here if you feel like it

Comment

Originally posted by chris.josey View Post
                  Hey everybody, I know there's probably a lot of threads about new guys/female's starting BLET, but this one is different, because this is about me, haha. Anyway, I started BLET last Monday and just finished my first week of it. We covered Arrest, Search & Seizures and Physical Fitness. I test on the 2 subjects on Tuesday.

Also, we did our first Physical Assessment and a practice POPAT. I did the POPAT in 6:18. I don't think that's too bad for my first time and not really being in tip top shape. All-in-all I feel pretty good about what I've learned so far. We start First Responder this week, and start doing PT 4 days a week.

Well that's all for now, I might periodically update the thread and anybody that wants to put in stories of their past experiences with BLET, feel free.

Don't inhale a massive amount of CS or CN for that matter ,lol!

Remember ,YOUR safety is first in First Responder. Clear the scene first. Always pay attention to your surroundings and if neccesary go for cover ,your life is your first concern. If you are injured then another officer has two patients and more importantly has to risk his life because of your mistake.

Most importantly have fun!
                  Last edited by BLETfun; 08-25-2008, 09:39 PM. Reason: 1

Comment

Originally posted by CurlyQ View Post
                    Heck, that's a great time for POPAT this early in BLET. I am about done with BLET and will take the state exam this coming Wednesday. My class started with 26, and only 5 people finished POPAT in under 7:20 the 1st time around, which was 2 weeks into BLET. I was one.

Good luck to you!

CQ
                    Take a deep breath ,relax ,and don't let the state exam sike you out. REGARDLESS of what you hear the exam is as easy as you make it.

Comment

Originally posted by BLETfun View Post
                      Take a deep breath ,relax ,and don't let the state exam sike you out. REGARDLESS of what you hear the exam is as easy as you make it.
                      Thanks BLETfun. I'm not the least bit worried about the state exam, which I'll be taking tomorrow. The BLET program I attend prepared me very well. It's all good . . .

Comment

just got my first scores from the PT block and Ethics... 90 and 100 respectively. Workin on Arrest, Search and Seizure/Constitutional Law right now. ...fun?

Comment

Looking back, it's all fun as hell. Going through it . . . didn't seem so fun. LOL. You are doing well, Guzman . . . keep it up and try to enjoy! It goes by way faster than you might imagine.

CQ

Comment

Thanks BLETfun. I'm not the least bit worried about the state exam, which I'll be taking tomorrow. The BLET program I attend prepared me very well. It's all good . . .

Good job ,I was worried but once I thought back to how good my instruction was I went in confident also. Good luck and post the results ,even though we already know.

Comment

Looking back, it's all fun as hell. Going through it . . . didn't seem so fun. LOL. You are doing well, Guzman . . . keep it up and try to enjoy! It goes by way faster than you might imagine.

CQ
                              You know 7 months for me flew by. It was a little "stretched" the last month but that was because of the anticipation of graduation and the test. I thoroughly enjoyed BLET but hope that was the only time I have to go through it ,lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5939 users online. 306 members and 5633 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X