300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durham PD and DCSO

Since my tenure in the Army is coming to an end I am looking for any updated info on DPD and DCSO. The HH6 (Wife) hopes to attend grad school at UNC so I anticipate relocating to the area in the next year. I have searched and found some good info thus far, but was hoping to get some updated info on DPD. I checked their web site and I am aware the new Chief is trying to fix things to improve the morale and working conditions. I have also noticed that he is trying to improve recruiting incentives i.e. take home cars etc. I have read Beansticks and Landrics postings on the subject so maybe you all could chime in.

As far as DCSO any updated info on them would be helpful as well. I am really interested in applying with them. Chapel Hill PD and Carrboro are also of interest.

Thanks and stay safe,

Ski
    "A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

I was in a very similar situation a while back. I had just got out of the Army, and my wife was accepted as a grad student at UNC...we made a compromise: You go to Chapel Hill, we will live in Durham, and I will work in Raleigh. My point is that there are many agencies in the Triangle, and I would encourage you to evaluate many of them.

Comment

Originally posted by CobaltNC View Post
      I was in a very similar situation a while back. I had just got out of the Army, and my wife was accepted as a grad student at UNC...we made a compromise: You go to Chapel Hill, we will live in Durham, and I will work in Raleigh. My point is that there are many agencies in the Triangle, and I would encourage you to evaluate many of them.
      Exactly...There are countless departments in this area that are hiring that have great reputations.

I'd really look into CHPD right now since I think they just re-opened their hiring. They are an excellent department.

Carrboro, CHPD, Durham, DCSO, Wake SO, Raleigh, Cary, etc. I'd also check into some Chatham County departments as that is only about a 10 minute drive from South Campus.

You'll have no trouble finding a great place to work in the Triangle.

Comment

Right on! Thank you all for the replies. I will take a look at all of them in the area.
        "A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Comment

Anyone know anything about the conditions at the Durham County Detention Center? I'm thinking of applying as a D/O & putting in a year to three years while I finish my Associate's/Bachelor's of Science in Criminal Justice & then applying to either Durham Police Department, Durham County Sheriff's Department, Alcohol Law Enforcement, State Capitol Police or North Carolina State Highway Patrol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158287 users online. 127 members and 158160 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X