300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emerald isle

hey guy, im on vacation in E.I. from the richmond area of VA...whats there to do around here? i've been before but havnt explored to much. so whats good, i like cooking alot, so maybea good seafood market, already been to the ABC store, what about clubs, etc? thanks guys, im here until the 24th!
    dubbed code name: Alien #69

Drive all the way east until you run into Atlantic Beach. Go to Fort Macon and look around. Last I knew AB had a few clubs...actually, when I worked for the PD there, they had 30 clubs in a four mile area...most the clubs have been closed. From AB you can drive over to Morehead City and then east to Beaufort. Beaufort has lots of historical stuff to do...if you keep driving east of Beaufort, you'll eventually run into the Ferry which will take you over to the Outer Banks. Lots to do on the OUter Banks!

If you hit Hwy 70 (which you will as soon as you get to Morehead City) you can drive west to New Bern ( ) which also has historical stuff to do.
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

good stuff!! last year we wen t on a dinner cruise which was fun and went to some club called midnight rodeo...it was ok, but this year im 21, so ha!! but yea, i think we will be heading to morehead city. when we got here yesterday was saw about 5 E.I. officers, and a firetruck running code 3, i think i heard him yelling they were out of chocolate chip cookie dough!!! smurf, you still around these parts? PM me if you are

Comment

go back up the street to swansboro and eat at a place called Riverside! The best sweet potato muffins ever and a good steak!
        Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog hangs his head out of a car window!

Comment

Originally posted by Unchawk08 View Post
          go back up the street to swansboro and eat at a place called Riverside! The best sweet potato muffins ever and a good steak!
          sweet potato muffins?!

sounds...

DELICIOUS

Comment

Originally posted by 99 Fenix View Post
            good stuff!! last year we wen t on a dinner cruise which was fun and went to some club called midnight rodeo...it was ok, but this year im 21, so ha!! but yea, i think we will be heading to morehead city. when we got here yesterday was saw about 5 E.I. officers, and a firetruck running code 3, i think i heard him yelling they were out of chocolate chip cookie dough!!! smurf, you still around these parts? PM me if you are
            Honey, If you went to midnight rodeo, you were in Morehead City. I forgot you were so young...LOL...you aren't going to find that many clubs around here. I THINK Jacksonville might have some being that it's got several Marine Corps bases there. Try not to let those Marines hurt you now, mmmk? LOL
            sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

lol..hey im not much of a clubber, the gf wants to go!!! and so what if im young?! drinks under a black lighit are appealing to me!!!!! yea, we drove a few minutes to get to morehead city from here....and y would i be worried about marines, besides the fact that they are to "dumb" to hurt?! sorry, grew up in an army family..LOL

Comment

thanks again for all the PMs and comments guys and gals...saw some sea turtles hatch, a few dolphins or porpuses (sp), and the coast guard choppers flying a few hundred yards above the coast line into the sun set. something you dont see in richmond, virginia.....ever. so thanks again, going to michaelangelos for dinner then leaving in the AM

Comment

Cg

You saw a coast guard chopper in emerald isle....sweet. I lived there for 18 years and never saw one in my life... i didn't even know we had one.

Comment

I assumed it was. orange and white with a big CG on the bottom, it was a black hawk...chinook, couldn't really tell from the glare

Comment

There is a marine corp station near the beach...im sure it was pedro that you saw
                      http://www.cherrypoint.usmc.mil/mcab...droCockpit.jpg
                      Last edited by district6; 08-25-2008, 12:33 PM.
                      NCSHP
                      APPLICATION SUBMITTED OCT 2007
                      PHYSICAL AGILITY AND WRITTEN 156 T-SCORE
                      POLYGRAPH PASSED
                      BACKROUND COMPLETED
                      REVIEW BOARD NO GO
                      CONDITIONAL OFFER
                      PHYSICAL
                      PSYCHOLOGICAL
                      ACCEPTANCE LETTER
                      ACADEMY DATE NOV 12 2008

---------------------------------------------------
                      SUCCESS IS EARNED NOT GIVEN
                      sigpic

Comment

that was the chinook...yea i saw the base when we came in. i thought the BH might have been as well, but i did see CG on the bottom, unless that stands for something on the type of helicopter? it was still a beautiful sight seeing it fly right over the beach...

Comment

You saw the jaw hawk that is stationed in Elizabeth City. They come down every once in a while to help with water rescues with the local Coast Guard station at Fort Macon.

Comment

well good deal. Thanks for the info! Well, till next year...

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                              Honey, If you went to midnight rodeo, you were in Morehead City. I forgot you were so young...LOL...you aren't going to find that many clubs around here. I THINK Jacksonville might have some being that it's got several Marine Corps bases there. Try not to let those Marines hurt you now, mmmk? LOL
                              Midnight Rope-a-Ho. Drank alot alcohol there back in the day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3575 users online. 163 members and 3412 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X