300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlotte Douglas and surrounding

Does anyone know about Charlotte Douglas Airport Police?
    Last edited by BuNNy876; 08-24-2008, 04:08 PM.

How about Hickory PD. Good? Bad? Work load, shifts, etc?? All input will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hickory works 11 and a half hours shifts. The work load can be pretty heavy. The city is divided into 5 zones. You are permanently assigned to a certain zone and you will have a permanent shift. There are peak shifts too. Call volume can be rather high as well. There are days though that are quiet but they are the exception.
      John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

Charlotte Douglas Airport PD is a decent job, but to my observation, has some downsides. The upsides seem to be decent pay, but not up to CMPD. The airport is large and busy. Violent crime is minmal, but there is the opportunity to make arrests. The airport owns a fair amount of property. The "Chief" has been a CMPD Captain for several years now. That has brought some improvements in working conditions. For many years the car and patches said "law enforcement" instead of "police". Not hugely significant, but indicative of the status the police had with airport management. Both now say "police". Rumors float around every now and then that the airport police will be merged into CMPD. If that happens, I might put in for the airport. If you are looking for "action", it is probably not my first choice. Otherwise, it seems to be ok.

There are a number of good police jobs in the area. I am biased in favor of CMPD, if for no other reason than pay. Gastonia has recently raised their pay substantially. Matthews and Huntersville are also possibilities. Concord is another decent prospect, but I do not know what their salary is like. There are some other decent prospects in the area, but I can not list them all.

Comment

Thank you for the information!

Comment

Does Hickory have some that work 8 hour shifts? Anywhere else around here have 8 hour shifts?

NC Marine, do you think the pay at Hickory is worth the call volume?

Comment

I believe Charmeck is the only one around that is 8 hour shifts. Some one correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BuNNy876 View Post
                Does Hickory have some that work 8 hour shifts? Anywhere else around here have 8 hour shifts?

NC Marine, do you think the pay at Hickory is worth the call volume?

When I started, starting pay was $30,000 and some change. Now it is $31000 and some change. To put it simply, pay has been lagging behind for recent years. It probably needs to be around $34,000.

There are only the 11.5 hour shifts available for patrol.

Its a good place to get experience thats for sure, you run into about every call imaginable. Not a bad place, but the pay needs to be higher and has fallen behind other PDs.
                John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

Thank you NC Marine!

Comment

just go charlotte-mecklenburg

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6411 users online. 349 members and 6062 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X