Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red light law change

... ... ...
    Last edited by rfburns; 08-29-2011, 08:27 PM.

Red arrow or not the actual lens itself is circular ,besides anybody with license knows what red ,yellow ,and green lights mean. Remember stupidity is not always a good defense.

Comment

... ... ...
      Last edited by rfburns; 08-29-2011, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rfburns View Post
        Stupidity is not a good defense, but a good defense attorney could take the words of the law literally and have a field day. I don't understand why they took a perfectly good law and reworded it poorly.
        Lol ,I agree.

Comment

It's what they are taught to do while in Law School. (lol)
          Occifer, I swear I've only had 2 beers...I can't be drunk again.

Comment

As any physics teacher will tell you, light bends... So... the light from the red arrow will bend around the earth in a CIRCULAR pattern, eg the red arrow is still a valid traffic control device...
            Be safe pulling back into the thread...
            http://infidelswithhonor.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Dep D View Post
              As any physics teacher will tell you, light bends... So... the light from the red arrow will bend around the earth in a CIRCULAR pattern, eg the red arrow is still a valid traffic control device...
              LOL! Case closed!

Comment

Originally posted by Dep D View Post
                Hey Mr. Wizard, your logic is off. While Relative Physics does teach that light bends due to gravity in Spacetime, it wouldn't go in a circular pattern around the earth unless the mass of the planet was great enough to create a black hole. Also, quantative physics is going to argue that light on the photonic level refracts rather than bends. You're better off going with the lens being round argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Ursao View Post
                  Hey Mr. Wizard, your logic is off. While Relative Physics does teach that light bends due to gravity in Spacetime, it wouldn't go in a circular pattern around the earth unless the mass of the planet was great enough to create a black hole. Also, quantative physics is going to argue that light on the photonic level refracts rather than bends. You're better off going with the lens being round argument.

I will just go with the ,"Your honor what would a reasonable person holding a valid OL know a red signal's (be it an arrow or a full circle) purpose of operation to be?"

Seriously ,from the time you get your permit through the drivers program at your school to the time you have driven for 20 years you know what a red light is regardless of the shape. If you do not then I feel no amount of r***le-d***le from an attorney will sway the DA and the judge on this one ,then I see a few hours in a defensive drivers course to refresh your mind.

Comment

Logic and Da' popo

Originally posted by Ursao View Post
                    My logic is off... That's exactly what my LT. and the General (Wife) tell me every time they are wrong... Realtive physics proves I'm right. Since The General lives on planet earth, and her purse is present with her on the earth, I have irrefutable proof that my paycheck always falls into that blackhole...

Although it may seem as if quantitive physics may argue against my initial thesis, it actually bolsters it. Since the light would refract, ie go in multiple directions, my argument compliments the known scientific principles of quantative physics in the following manner;

I followed many command staffs (Not mine of course) well known, extensively used, and seldom overturned principle of throwing the well known substance into the fan, and seeing what sticks in many places on the wall when they are confounded by an obviously silly argument, but can't come up with a Masters Degree answer to it....

Once again the KISS answer is the best. It is multiple circular red lights set in a red arrow shape.

Be safe pulling back into traffic
                    Be safe pulling back into the thread...
                    http://infidelswithhonor.com/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5920 users online. 317 members and 5603 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X