Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official NC Forum Thread that is not about the SHP

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by suprtrpr View Post
    property sheet?? whats that lol
    ROTF!!!

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by suprtrpr View Post
      property sheet?? whats that lol

      *snort* heheheheee

      I'll do your property sheet if you jot out my 349, honey
      sigpic

      I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Landric View Post

        So, for those of you like me, lets discuss anything that has to do with law enforcement in North Carolina: departments, laws, policy, procedure, anything except SHP.

        I'll start:

        What do we need to do about the Probation and Parole system?

        Obviously the legislature is not heading in the direction of changing the system so that more criminals serve active time. As worthless as structured sentencing is, we seem to be stuck with it. So, how do we improve supervision of the multitudes of offenders that are not locked up?

        My idea is this: We need to make P&P officers "real" LEOs. That means they have to go to BLET, they need to be allowed to exercise the authority granted by statute, they need to make their own new charges when appropriate, store their own evidence, and basically become a true rather than quasi law enforcement agency. In my opinion that means moving P&P out of DOC and into Crime Control and Public Safety, giving them State LEO retirement, and expecting the performance required by other State LEOs.

        I worked for NC P&P for a while before I went back to policing full-time, so its an issue that I feel pretty strongly about. It could have been a great job, but the worthless policies and a lot of mediocre (or worse) employees made it more of a joke than anything else.

        So, that is my start to the thread.
        As a sworn Correctional Officer for NCDOC, why exclude the Division of Prisons? Yes P&P d/b/a Division of Community Corrections, need to just give up the ghost and become a BLET certified position. All law enforcement, including DOP Correctional Officers, need to go through some sort of modified BLET (about 2-3 months instead of the 1 month), need to night qualify for firearms, REAL PT & SCAT, Constitutional & State law,& get better quality training.

        BCOT is laughable at best. Heck, I'm told the Sheriff's Detention Officers are better trained with their BDOT.

        But the problem is that the lack of clear ranks, structure, training & politicking inside NCDOC (those who rise to the top seem to have some serious political connections) is going to be its downfall.

        Also, its top boss needs to have worked BOTH sides, DOP & DCC, not just one. If you've never put on a blue C/O uniform, then you don't need to be its Secretary.

        Like the Feds and State say anyone who puts on a uniform under government authority, tots a shield & qualifies with a weapon, is Law Enforcement.

        But enough of that, considering the requirements to become P&P/DCC, it should pay as much as being a member of Alcohol Law Enforcement. And while I'm at it, bring up the pay of Correctional Officers, so we can get better qualified applicants & retain worthy C/Os. Mid last century, Prison Guards d/b/a C/Os made as much as State Troopers and then some up until the 1980s.
        Last edited by Custodian; 08-17-2008, 07:21 PM.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
          *snort* heheheheee

          I'll do your property sheet if you jot out my 349, honey
          Keep talking like that and I'll do all of your 349's, forever!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Custodian View Post
            As a sworn Correctional Officer for NCDOC, why exclude the Division of Prisons? Yes P&P d/b/a Division of Community Corrections, need to just give up the ghost and become a BLET certified position. All law enforcement, including DOP Correctional Officers, need to go through some sort of modified BLET (about 2-3 months instead of the 1 month), need to night qualify for firearms, REAL PT & SCAT, Constitutional & State law,& get better quality training.

            BCOT is laughable at best. Heck, I'm told the Sheriff's Detention Officers are better trained with their BDOT.

            But the problem is that the lack of clear ranks, structure, training & politicking inside NCDOC (those who rise to the top seem to have some serious political connections) is going to be its downfall.

            Also, its top boss needs to have worked BOTH sides, DOP & DCC, not just one. If you've never put on a blue C/O uniform, then you don't need to be its Secretary.

            Like the Feds and State say anyone who puts on a uniform under government authority, tots a shield & qualifies with a weapon, is Law Enforcement.

            But enough of that, considering the requirements to become P&P/DCC, it should pay as much as being a member of Alcohol Law Enforcement. And while I'm at it, bring up the pay of Correctional Officers, so we can get better qualified applicants & retain worthy C/Os. Mid last century, Prison Guards d/b/a C/Os made as much as State Troopers and then some up until the 1980s.
            The thing with the DOC is you have "drop out" should've been LEO's that have mouths as big as boats and no a%% to back it up. This is the CO's that advance in ranks and the true hard working level head CO's are left at the bottom to feed off of the BS thrown down their way. Politics and the good ole boy system also run rampant in the NCDOC and boy is it obvious. I applaud any one that works 12 hrs in a prison 6 -7 days a week (it happens I did it for over a year) but honestly if you want more pay and less BS LE is way better. At least you get a chance at bettering yourself through education something the DOC shuns on. They want worker bees that are programed to be robots ,maybe the higher ranking CO's need to be reprogrammed to realize they are CO's too Lt, Capt, whatever.

            The pay for CO's will only go as high as the political machine will let it. Honestly a long as you have inmates you will have low payed babysitters ie CO's.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
              *snort* heheheheee

              I'll do your property sheet if you jot out my 349, honey
              anytime

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by BLETfun View Post
                The thing with the DOC is you have "drop out" should've been LEO's that have mouths as big as boats and no a%% to back it up. This is the CO's that advance in ranks and the true hard working level head CO's are left at the bottom to feed off of the BS thrown down their way. Politics and the good ole boy system also run rampant in the NCDOC and boy is it obvious. I applaud any one that works 12 hrs in a prison 6 -7 days a week (it happens I did it for over a year) but honestly if you want more pay and less BS LE is way better. At least you get a chance at bettering yourself through education something the DOC shuns on. They want worker bees that are programed to be robots ,maybe the higher ranking CO's need to be reprogrammed to realize they are CO's too Lt, Capt, whatever.

                The pay for CO's will only go as high as the political machine will let it. Honestly a long as you have inmates you will have low payed babysitters ie CO's.

                Yes this is true, which is why I'm considering putting in applications with either Sheriff (as a D/O) or a Police Department.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Custodian View Post
                  Yes this is true, which is why I'm considering putting in applications with either Sheriff (as a D/O) or a Police Department.
                  Don't get me wrong there are those in the DOC that do a good job everyday. The problem arises when it comes advancement time and the brown nosing dumb a*& get's the nod ,seen it too many times in the DOC. Not only is this dangerous (and apparent) to everyone working under this "guiness" but frustrating to those who do a good job. This is why you see seasoned CO's that are still not moving up by choice and just don't care anymore ,or you see a constant out flow (revolving door) of good CO's while the nitwits stay.

                  I think moving on to a DO position would be a good choice as I have seen many leave the DOC to do this and never looked back. To say they were happier would be hearsay but they "appeared reasonably by normal persons judgement ,to be happier".

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Probably because some of the nitwits never seem to do any work. There is simply too much favoritism inside NCDOC at all levels. Day in & day out it gets harder to turn a blind eye to it. You can be working your butt off searching inmates and shaking down their cells, never even seeing a break for months at a time. But a brown noser hangs out with whoever they want, smokes every hour on the hour for twenty minutes at a time outside with your bosses, complains about being at work, feigns sickness & gets off early just as long as they are in good with the higher ups. And then rubs your face in it just to remind you inequities exist. However, you could be hurt, be visibly sick in a control station or a tower and nothing happens but a phone call from your Lieutenant telling you to suck it up & quit using your sick time because you might lose your job.

                    Moving on to a D/O position? Heck yes. At least I know walking in the door that place is political.
                    Last edited by Custodian; 08-23-2008, 09:21 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      If you ever want a taste of what a joke the P&P system is in NC, stop buy Durham City. I have arrested the same guy three times over with 28g of crack and a loaded firearm. He has openly admitted that he will never quit the "thug life." And I can also tell you that you can find him right now at his baby's mama's house smoking Newports as he sells crack out of his rear bedroom window. I thought my workload as an officer was huge, its nothing compared to what POs have to go through.
                      "Its not cheating, unless you get caught."-Al Bundy

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Custodian View Post
                        Probably because some of the nitwits never seem to do any work. There is simply too much favoritism inside NCDOC at all levels. Day in & day out it gets harder to turn a blind eye to it. You can be working your butt off searching inmates and shaking down their cells, never even seeing a break for months at a time. But a brown noser hangs out with whoever they want, smokes every hour on the hour for twenty minutes at a time outside with your bosses, complains about being at work, feigns sickness & gets off early just as long as they are in good with the higher ups. And then rubs your face in it just to remind you inequities exist. However, you could be hurt, be visibly sick in a control station or a tower and nothing happens but a phone call from your Lieutenant telling you to suck it up & quit using your sick time because you might lose your job.

                        Moving on to a D/O position? Heck yes. At least I know walking in the door that place is political.
                        Try having a premature son weighing only 2lbs 15oz and your superior telling you you need to choose your "career" (I use that VERY loosely) or your son in no uncertain terms.

                        Exact words ,"Well you have missed alot of time and only have 2 hrs sick and 3 hrs vacation left ,maybe it's time you stand back and look at the career you are about to loose and seriously think about where you should be".

                        I am sorry but my son comes first! If I have to choose such a stupid choice as that maybe I am at the wrong JOB. (Not a career) Realistically the inmates outnumber the CO's 1,000+ to more because of this junk. There are far too many things such as this going on inside the DOC ,that's where i'll end on this subject.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Beanstick View Post
                          If you ever want a taste of what a joke the P&P system is in NC, stop buy Durham City. I have arrested the same guy three times over with 28g of crack and a loaded firearm. He has openly admitted that he will never quit the "thug life." And I can also tell you that you can find him right now at his baby's mama's house smoking Newports as he sells crack out of his rear bedroom window. I thought my workload as an officer was huge, its nothing compared to what POs have to go through.

                          I am not sure but does NC not have a 3 strike system ,if not it's time for it.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Hopefully the jails are tougher than the prison system. If I don't like it there, I can still do BLET. It just seems I'm moving up the letter system BCOT, BDOT, & BLET.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Custodian View Post
                              Hopefully the jails are tougher than the prison system. If I don't like it there, I can still do BLET. It just seems I'm moving up the letter system BCOT, BDOT, & BLET.
                              LOL ,True.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by BLETfun View Post
                                I am not sure but does NC not have a 3 strike system ,if not it's time for it.
                                well the problem is (and is probably true with this case) is that he has probably not gone to trial on the first charge. the court system is so screwed up that they let them keep continuing cases as long as they want. ive got felony drug charges (YES A TROOPER HAS FELONY DRUG CHARGES) that have been pending for over a year. i see it a lot in court, they keep continuing them and when they get so many different counts of the same charge, they plea to one count to have the rest dropped. that is unacceptable. i know all of you see it to. that is another reaon the P&P system is so screwed up. if they would give those scumbags some actual time behind bars instead of slapping their hand and telling them not to do it again, maybe some things could streamline a little.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 3288 users online. 175 members and 3113 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X