Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know where I can find the NCSHP thread at?
    NCSHP
    APPLICATION SUBMITTED OCT 2007
    PHYSICAL AGILITY AND WRITTEN 156 T-SCORE
    POLYGRAPH PASSED
    BACKROUND COMPLETED
    REVIEW BOARD NO GO
    CONDITIONAL OFFER
    PHYSICAL
    PSYCHOLOGICAL
    ACCEPTANCE LETTER
    ACADEMY DATE NOV 12 2008

---------------------------------------------------
    SUCCESS IS EARNED NOT GIVEN
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
      To the OP:

The thing is, I don't know the inner working of P&P. I agree with a DCI response if someone is active, especially intensive...THAT would be great. I've gotten in the habit of having the DOC open on my MDT and checking when I come in contact with someone. It would be excellent to know right off the bat if someone is subject to warrantless searches and seizures w/o having to run all over the place.

Tell me something, what did you mean by: "they need to be allowed to exercise the authority granted by statute..." Give me an example because, like I said, my knowledge is limited.
      By statute, P&P officers how the same arrest authority as a sheriff or his deputies. However, policy only allows P&P officers to arrest people on probation or parole for violations of that probation or parole. They actually teach in the training that state law only allows arrests for probation or parole violations, which is clearly not correct.

A P&P officer who finds someone on probation with say, for example, crack and a handgun, cannot by policy charge that person with the new offenses, but only with violation of probation. The P&P officer is supposed to call the local LEOs with jurisdiction to make the new charges. Obviously that does not make for good relations with the locals.

LOL

Question is: If they see the road of P&P as counseling, are P&P Officers trained to counsel?
      Not at all.
      -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them"-Felix

Comment

ROFLMAO
        "A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Comment

Stired up the hornets nest did we ,the Gray Gods are up in arms. Being a former CO I can say that the WHOLE prison system is nothing but a joke ,not only P&P.

Comment

Originally posted by ladyinblue72 View Post
            First off.. I am not a trooper, do not want to be a trooper, but I do have great respect for those who are and want to be. However, I totally agree with Landric's comments about the thread. It seems never ending and some of the same questions are asked over and over and over again. With that being said. I guess more of us need to start and make comments on other threads. As for P&P, I think their case loads should be lighter and they should be allowed to do their jobs. Our local P&P officers are actually being told not to revoke anyone for anything because the prisons are so full. Judges are extending probations regardless of the violations. Good officers are quitting or being "relocated." The entire justice system needs a major overhaul. Build more prisons. If my tax money is going to keep them (criminals) up, because if they worked, they wouldn't have the time/opportunity to commit crimes, at least in prison, I'll know where they are and what they are doing. Just my .02 worth.
            When I worked for the NCDOC we had guys in there that had committed multiple murders and were serving 2 or more life sentences ,what are they freaking cats? As the ole folks say ,"you should pay the way you "play".

Comment

Originally posted by RangerSki View Post

ROFLMAO
              Three pages back and to the left!

Comment

Originally posted by BLETfun View Post
                Stired up the hornets nest did we ,the Gray Gods are up in arms.
                Originally posted by BLETfun View Post
                Three pages back and to the left!
                Whether you admit to it or not your intent was exactly that. You could have very easily have started this discussion thread about P&P and DOC without mentioning the SHP. But you intentionally opened your mouth/keyboard and royally inserted your foot into it. So you are going to get some heat over it.

The NC based thread is open for discussion about anything LE in NC. So don't come in here and start bashing the folks posting about the SHP not expect to get some grief. If you don't like what is being discussed here start your own discussion board about issues with P&P and DOC.
                "Life's goal should not be to show up at your final resting spot in a well rested, well preserved body ready to pass on.... But rather sliding in side ways late for your own passing, tired, beaten down and yelling holy $hit what a ride!!!!!"

Comment

i wonder if they are one of those officers that writes tickets outside the city limits (in the 1-mile etj of the city) but calls a trooper when two cars wreck 10 feet outside the city limits.

Comment

Originally posted by GLOCKMASTER View Post
                    Whether you admit to it or not your intent was exactly that. You could have very easily have started this discussion thread about P&P and DOC without mentioning the SHP. But you intentionally opened your mouth/keyboard and royally inserted your foot into it. So you are going to get some heat over it.

The NC based thread is open for discussion about anything LE in NC. So don't come in here and start bashing the folks posting about the SHP not expect to get some grief. If you don't like what is being discussed here start your own discussion board about issues with P&P and DOC.
                    Well I have this thing called humor ,apparently Troopers lack that capability or something. Seriously guys ,smile a little bit I promise you wont break! Besides I didnt start this thread someone else did ,a little detective work would have solved that. The way I see it is if you can't take a joke then don't read a joke ,a little competitive ribbing don't hurt anybody. Gray God's is a comment out of respect for you guys not a cut down ,take it as you may but without respect from you will get no respect from me sorry but thats the way it is.

Comment

i wonder if they are one of those officers that writes tickets outside the city limits (in the 1-mile etj of the city) but calls a trooper when two cars wreck 10 feet outside the city limits.

That was funny. The Troopers in our area usually call us and ask if we'll take them for them. No problem, my traffic guys just about fight each other to get the 10-50's.

Comment

What happened to being on the same team? I don't care what color the uniform is, it is a brotherhood and we shouldn't ever lose sight of that. When I was a young Deputy Sheriff in a rural county, I can't tell you at the times when a Trooper rolled up as my backup because another Deputy was too far away. I also can't tell you how many times I've backed up Troopers when the crap hit the fan with them too. That's the way it's supposed to be.

Man, I miss the good ol' days when every officer respected another officer. I just don't understand these young people now days. Joking, kidding and having a good time; yeah I'm all for that. But it can and should be done with respect for each other as a person and as a fellow officer.

Sorry for the rant, but it made me feel better.

Just my $ .02
                        Occifer, I swear I've only had 2 beers...I can't be drunk again.

Comment

I work my share of wrecks everyday. I average 2 a day, my record is 8 in one day. Everything from minor fender benders to multi car injury wrecks.

Oh and it works both ways...have had troopers hand wrecks off to me before, barely in city limits but nevertheless its ours. Ive also been out with a wreck in between Conover and Hickory city limits....a quarter mile stretch of roadway was in the county and it was SHP. The trooper got there and was not happy seeing officers from two agencies waiting for SHP to arrive. Like I said, works both ways.
                          John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

Probably. However, we do need to give them a copy of the property sheet for the couple of ounces he didn't see and doesn't know how to handle.
                            sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldshield View Post
                              What happened to being on the same team? I don't care what color the uniform is, it is a brotherhood and we shouldn't ever lose sight of that. When I was a young Deputy Sheriff in a rural county, I can't tell you at the times when a Trooper rolled up as my backup because another Deputy was too far away. I also can't tell you how many times I've backed up Troopers when the crap hit the fan with them too. That's the way it's supposed to be.

Man, I miss the good ol' days when every officer respected another officer. I just don't understand these young people now days. Joking, kidding and having a good time; yeah I'm all for that. But it can and should be done with respect for each other as a person and as a fellow officer.

Sorry for the rant, but it made me feel better.

Just my $ .02
                              On the spot right there! Playing and joking is how many officers are ,it is a stress relief in ways.

Comment

Probably. However, we do need to give them a copy of the property sheet for the couple of ounces he didn't see and doesn't know how to handle.

property sheet?? whats that lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5947 users online. 352 members and 5595 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X