X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYSJAILER2008
    replied
    Originally posted by Cocotaso821 View Post
    I also have a question...I have this friend that would like to get on the force...He is 30 now but when he was around 16 years old he found a credit card and used it for whatever reason...

The final verdict was he pleaded to grand larceny in the fourth degree which i believe is a class e felony...and served a couple years of probation.. The records were sealed and put under youthful offender status..

Wouldnt this be a dq with no questions asked..He has been saying that because he was so young and it was put under a youthful offender status that he should at least give it a shot.. I dont think so..

what do you guys think
    An Adjudication of Youthful Offender status is not a conviction of a crime? Fenoly or not. In the eyes of the law your friend is not a convicted criminal of a felony. It is not an automatic DQ. The BI with your friend's signed permission will open the sealed case and review the case against your friend's oral and written statements. And will take into account did he finish probation with no re-arrest? Did he ever get introuble with the law since that arrest? Did he go to school, get steady employment history or honorable military history? Was he remorseful and take responisiblity and own up to his earlier crime? If he been doing positive things with his life since then. He has a Great shot.
    Last edited by NYSJAILER2008; 01-24-2009, 11:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Arewethereyet
    replied
    Originally posted by NorwichCadet View Post
    u got caught with ecstacy?
    No I did not get caught, I just tried it once.

Leave a comment:

• Kardian24
    replied
    Originally posted by sugabx1 View Post
    How long after the DWAI did they get hired ?
    I've "heard" that you must wait 5 years.

Leave a comment:

• sugabx1
    replied
    Originally posted by danielleites View Post
    I know a couple of people who have gotten the job with a dwai on there records.
    How long after the DWAI did they get hired ?

Leave a comment:

• gunslash
    replied
    take the test, and when you get assigned one, ask your background investigator, and SHOW them the actual paperwork/charge/whatever that you have. On an internet forum, we can guess at many things, but none of us here are a hiring authority of any sort.
    If it's as you say a harassment 2 I would guess you'd be OK if nothing else major pops up...but then again, refer to my first paragraph.

btw they did recently hire a prior convicted felon. He caught a gun charge like in 2000 or so but then he was in the military for a few and got discharged honorably and was eventually hired...or so the paper said.

Leave a comment:

• Cocotaso821
    replied
    Does anyone have an idea on what i posted earlier on this thread....

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• madcat816
    replied
    Originally posted by gbotj View Post
    yep e-pills are an auto DQ
    lol that word makes me laugh every time

e-pilllss

Leave a comment:

• NorwichCadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
    Are you sure? I've heard yes and I've heard no...

u got caught with ecstacy?

Leave a comment:

• Cocotaso821
    replied
    I also have a question...I have this friend that would like to get on the force...He is 30 now but when he was around 16 years old he found a credit card and used it for whatever reason...

The final verdict was he pleaded to grand larceny in the fourth degree which i believe is a class e felony...and served a couple years of probation.. The records were sealed and put under youthful offender status..

Wouldnt this be a dq with no questions asked..He has been saying that because he was so young and it was put under a youthful offender status that he should at least give it a shot.. I dont think so..

what do you guys think

Leave a comment:

• Dinosaur32
    replied
    NYCTNT.......DCJS has to assign NYSID #s based upon the prints they get....usually they can match the prints but occasionally they same mutt's prints will be slightly off or the tech doiesn't read them correctly and a second number gets assigned....always watchful for that in the Courts.

Leave a comment:

• NYCTNT
    replied
    Dino,

No reason to appoligize to me. I have noticed a different trend, but I guess with anything that applies to public service, anything goes.

Leave a comment:

• nowayout1234
    replied
    I feel that the Shrink will DQ you right away after hearing about this. They DQ people for MUCH less.

Leave a comment:

• Dinosaur32
    replied
    NYCTNT.........Sorry to contradict you, but it is entirely possible to have at least two NYSID #s. I've seen that numerous times. Eventually all the entries on one of the #s are transferred to the other, and the first one just hangs on empty.

Leave a comment:

• NYCTNT
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnieBK View Post
    I thought that if you had a NYSID (from a prior arrest) you keep that your whole life, even when you join a PD.

As far as the topic at hand, passing the BI is one thing....How are you supposed to pass the psych? The BI might push you through with the misd., however, the psych doc is going to have a field day with you.

Can't have 2 NYSIDS. Only 1. If you are on the job and THEN get arrested, you will get a bad one again. Right now we have a "GOOD" nysid #.

Leave a comment:

• Stzu5_0
    replied
    Originally posted by walkingthebeat View Post
    first of all "I DIDNT HIT HER AT ALL" i pushed her way from me so she can stop hitting me, never did i think thats it was going to gett as far as it did why is that guys asume off the bat. i pled quilty because i couldn't be taking so many day off of work. thats why i did it. if i knew that later in life it was going to affect me so much i would of handel it a diffrent way for sure i went to the precint on my own will the det. called me up and told me what was happing i told him that i'll be in the precint in a few hrs. sure enough i went and explian to him wat happen. mind you that this is almost a week later. that my ex went precint.
    Cause you got arrested on an assault charge, usually means their was physical force used....that's why I assume

You pleaded guilty, whether it got pleaded down to a "violation" is besides the point, murderer's plead down to lesser manslaughter charges all the time, DWI's to DWAI's, so on and so forth. A plea deal is still an admission of guilt...

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4684 users online. 287 members and 4397 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X