Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about one time ecstasy use 4 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by BklynsFinest347 View Post
      IMO, this just might hold you back...

this just may hold u back my friend.......I had a harrassment 2 charge in 2002, in which was orchestrated by a clever, cunning and spiteful ex-wife. We engaged in a public argument and she told officers that I had threatened her. Keep in mind she set up a time and place to meet with me. I was charged with Harr2 and let go 19 hrs later. I am currently on investigative review and I think my chances are slim. My best friend is employed by the nypd and told me he would vouch for me 100% because he knows the truth.
      I am currently in the process of getting some documents to present to my B.I. to show my truth in the matter..................hey this will suck for you as it does for me I have been to 3 mini medical's (which is sopposed to be the last step) and I have missed a $h!t load of time from my current job to get things for this prospective career. Hey wish me luck as I wish you luck and hang in there!!! I keep getting told as long as I wasn't Convicted then I am ok....................if so why am I still waiting??????

Comment

ecstasy = auto DQ
        even 1 time use
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
          ecstasy = auto DQ
          even 1 time use
          Are you sure? I've heard yes and I've heard no...

Comment

I know a couple of people who have gotten the job with a dwai on there records.

Comment

what is a DWAI?

Comment

yep e-pills are an auto DQ
                sigpic

Comment

DWAI is driving while ability impaired
                  sigpic

Comment

the people they hire now a days i wonder how many had nysid numbers b4 they for fingerprinted by apd

Comment

Originally posted by Honda View Post
                      Who told you "city violation"? Never heard of such a thing.

You plead to a PL violation. That's the gist of it. Sounds like you might of lucked out in this ordeal b/c if you got a DAT the Assault 3 charge probably wasn't put through as a domestic violence case. You would get beat up considerably explaining your way through that in the process. Was a temporary order of protection ever issued against you?

Either way I think you will be placed on hold and a decision made on a case by case basis as this sounds like a borderline domestic. In your favor is the fact that you weren't convicted of a PL misdemeanor DV offense. Had you been, that would be an automatic DQ. Domestics are a big deal on this job for obvious reasons.

Call Recruitment if you want a better/more accurate response. I work the streets so you're getting opinion here.
                      none of the paper work that am getting ready for my B.I says that it was "domestic violence" case.

Comment

i pled to a violation dont that knock out original conviction that i had before?
                        none of my paper work that am getting ready for my B.I says that it was a "domestic violence" case. it only say assualt in the 3rd. and that it was knock down to a violation, so i pled to it.

Comment

i pled to a violation dont that knock out original conviction that i had before
                          wait were you convicted for the assault 3 or the violation?
                          what you were arrested for was a charge, not a conviction. If you plead the charge down to a violation then you are convicted of the violation and not the original charge of assault 3.

IMO the NYPD is going to look into every little detail. You will most likely be placed on hold, and this will be an uphill battle.

if you dont mind me asking, what was the circumstances of the incident? were you just laying the smackdown on your girl? did you tune her up? I'm assuming since you were popped for assault she was injured beyond the normal black eye or bruise.
                          sigpic

Comment

DV or not, you had been arrested for an ASSAULT charge on a FEMALE, regardless whether or not it got pleaded down to a violation. Getting in a physical altercation with a female would be looked down upon if your going for a security position at a mall, so when trying to become an actual peace officer-- I think the BI will most certainly dq you, sorry to be harsh and I've been wrong before, but if you wanna be a cop your job would be protecting people like your ex-girlfriend from guys like you. Again sorry for being rough, maybe you are not telling us the whole story, maybe she was in the wrong...however still it will seem kinda bad, but just based on what you said...yea the NYPD is desperate...in this case I hope not that desperate...
                            "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you really want to test a man's character, give him power."
                            -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

even if she's in the wrong, never hit a female. I dont care what she did.
                              That shows being a coward, and having low morals.

if you cant control your girlfriend, or control your anger with someone who you "care" for, how are you going to keep back from clocking a prisoner, or anyone else for that matter.
                              These are going to come up in the BI and they will not take to kindly to this.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                                even if she's in the wrong, never hit a female. I dont care what she did.
                                That shows being a coward, and having low morals.

if you cant control your girlfriend, or control your anger with someone who you "care" for, how are you going to keep back from clocking a prisoner, or anyone else for that matter.
                                These are going to come up in the BI and they will not take to kindly to this.

Oh i definitely agree with you...I should have wrote it better--I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, like maybe she pressed bogus charges, that said if it was a bogus charge, he would probably would have mentioned that...maybe I was giving him enough rope to hang himself with a stupid story....
                                Last edited by Stzu5_0; 08-08-2008, 01:54 AM.
                                "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you really want to test a man's character, give him power."
                                -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3236 users online. 203 members and 3033 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X