300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD officers

hey, im planning to take the nypd exam, but first i wanted to know how well they treat their officers. i have heard many negative comments about the nypd. can anyone please answer my question that would be very helpful. what other departments are there around nyc?

you heard right, but honestly, it's all how you make of it... just like any other job....
    MTS, 013

Comment

are you a officer

Comment

man, I think that's a really broad question with thousands of variables. I have at least a dozen good friends, people that i grew up with, that are employed by the NYPD and I hear the whole spectrum on this matter. Everything from "don't take this job it is the worst thing in the world" to "I love this job and I would never want to do anything else" and everything in between

Basically, you could get lucky with a good boss and good cops around you or un-lucky with a bad boss and bad people around you depending on where you get sent after the academy. But that can happen in any field you go into or any police department you go for. But it also depends on who you are and how you carry yourself.
        NYPD
        Exam 5047- Passed
        Medical- Passed 8/27/08
        JST- Passed 9/8/08
        Written Psychological- Done 9/17/08
        Oral Psychological- Passed 10/2/08
        Meet with BI- Done 10/16/08
        Mini-Medical-Done 12/30/08
        Mini-Medical Part 2- 4/30/09
        Academy July 2009 (hopefully)

Comment

His signature says MTS/013.. meaning yea.. he was in a precinct and now in the 13th PCT, his profile also give it away.

My gut says hes a cop.

Its just like any job out there. There will be the guys that love it and there will be the guys that complain and moan about it every minute they can. Personally, I love it and cannot complain at all. (yea, im a cop also)
          Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

This job is like being in love with a prostitute, no matter what you do for her, shes NEVER going to love you!
            Advise given to me many years ago. Keep that in mind and youll do ok.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5872 users online. 323 members and 5549 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X