Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upton, NY - hamlet with a police department?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upton, NY - hamlet with a police department?

I found this online: http://members.fortunecity.com/nypolicecars/upton.html

I did some research and Upton on Long Island - a hamlet - is the only Upton in New York but yet I thought that a community had to be incorporated (ex. town, village or city) to have their own police department? How can they have their own police department if they dont have a government to report to?

That is the Police Dept for Brookhaven National Laboratory.

Comment

Ford is correct, that is the BNL Police in Upton.
      If you look at the insignia on the patch it says Department of Energy United States of America.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the responses, its interesting - I would have expected the vehicles and patches to say Brookhaven National Lab Police or something instead of Upton, NY.

Comment

interesting... how do I get the job?

Comment

you have to apply on their website. I have never seen the position open though.

They only have police powers on duty, and on property. I also believe they must lock up their firearm at work.

If you want to read more about them go to the BNL website, and do a search on police. the suffolk county security police association represents them.
            sigpic

Comment

bnl police

I was offered a job with this department but declined. I have pretty good deal where I am right now. Their title is security police officer. it was $27 hour and a pretty good package. draw back at the time I was interviewing was the academy training they had was out of state. I heard that and I lost intrest right away. 10 years ago I would have jumped at this no matter what. They were trying to get academy training more local but didnt sound likely but I dont know how that turned out. they also have a paid fire department, nice guys over their both PD and FD.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158261 users online. 125 members and 158136 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X