300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suffolk County PD

Anyone know of when they are going to start calling people? I heard December. I was curious if anyone has any further information
    "It is not a measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" -Jiddu Krishnamurti -

i would like to know also...

Comment

They started processing people around 3months ago or so, i think just the people with the 100+.
      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

John, that was for villages
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
          John, that was for villages
          Naw, I was running at sccc the bentwood campus where the academy is and they were doing the PAT exam after I finished running. I asked them if they were from the old list or for villages and they told me for scpd, they only had around 10ppl running on the track when I went there.

I was jealous too, I remember it like it was yesterday lol
          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

oh wow, I dont even remember hearing about that. lucky people right there.
            sigpic

Comment

i scored over a hundred on the exam and still havent heard anything either. i'm hoping they've only called the villages so far.

Comment

Im not sure how true that is. I have spoken to alot of people and they all say the same thing. No class for 2008 and possible 2009. If you read the county budget you will see there is zero budget for any 2008 class. They usually have a class in sept. If we get lucky they might start calling people end of year for a sept 2009 class. I can only hope a 95 is good enough to get a call from this list in the condition its in. The only people that definitly got called off this list were for townships. They were moving a few weeks ahead of the suffolk county corrections process.

Comment

I Am In The Suffolk County Corrections Process Right Now And I Have Heard The Same Thing Only Towns And Villages Were Called And Being Processed They Are Saying It Could Be 2 Yrs Before Any Of The Other People Even Start Getting Calls
                  Scco: 95 Everything Passed So Far Awaiting Academy Date
                  Scpd: 97.5 Still Waiting For The Call
                  Scds: Still Waiting For Test Results

Comment

I scored a 97.5 and they informed me that I would definetly get called.. they told me December.. but who knows.. maybe it will be 3 years before they are budgeted.
                    "It is not a measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" -Jiddu Krishnamurti -

Comment

I too got a 97.5 on the Suffolk test. However, I did well on Nassau, and have been called. I am definitely going to go through with the Nassau hiring process and take the job if offered. However, quick question, if any of you had your choice, which dept would you choose, Nassau, or Suffolk? I honestly would definitely take either, but i was wondering how you all would compare them.

Comment

Would they put in a class of just Villages and Towns or do they have to wait? Seems like it would be an awfully small academy class.

Comment

yes they would and are going to put in a class just for towns/villages.
                          I think it would be about 30-40 recruits. Some SCPD classes are only 50 officers.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ford4x4 View Post
                            I too got a 97.5 on the Suffolk test. However, I did well on Nassau, and have been called. I am definitely going to go through with the Nassau hiring process and take the job if offered. However, quick question, if any of you had your choice, which dept would you choose, Nassau, or Suffolk? I honestly would definitely take either, but i was wondering how you all would compare them.
                            Honestly they both are great departments. Lucky to get on either one of them. I'm sticking with Nassau if I get on. No point in transfering when you would be on a great department already. And if your worried about pay scale, they both always pretty much stay close to eachother. I'm sticking with Nassau so hopefully all goes well lol.
                            NYPD - 93
                            SCPD - 95
                            NCPD - 94.5

Comment

NCPD over SCPD. Numerous reasons.
                              sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3225 users online. 151 members and 3074 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X