300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Injury paperwork?

Hey I was wondering if anybody had any experience with this. I am going to take a walk in test on saturday hoping to make it into the jan 09 class. When I was in basic training I injuired my wrist and was release on EPTS (existing prior to training), no idea why they call it that. Since then my wrist has healed but I imagine NYPD would want a letter from a doctor stating that it is fine. I want to get all this paperwork done before I even apply, so my questions are: Do I need to bring a specific form to a doctor to fill out from the NYPD or he can just write it on one of his? Also does it have to be a specific nypd doctor or any private doctor is fine?

Thanks.
    NYPD Exam 7/12/08
    #8305: 94%

Medical 8/26/08 -Done
    JST 9/2/08 - Done
    Written Psych 9/9/08 - Done
    Meeting BI 9/10/08 - Done
    Oral Psych 09/25/08 - Done
    Mini - Med - 11/04/08 - Done

Originally posted by Alexp View Post
    Hey I was wondering if anybody had any experience with this. I am going to take a walk in test on saturday hoping to make it into the jan 09 class. When I was in basic training I injuired my wrist and was release on EPTS (existing prior to training), no idea why they call it that. Since then my wrist has healed but I imagine NYPD would want a letter from a doctor stating that it is fine. I want to get all this paperwork done before I even apply, so my questions are: Do I need to bring a specific form to a doctor to fill out from the NYPD or he can just write it on one of his? Also does it have to be a specific nypd doctor or any private doctor is fine?

Thanks.
    I was on medical review because of a herniated disc from a motorcycle accident, They will ask you for all paper work regarding your injury, x-rays, MRI's what ever you had done, if you had any type of physical therapy for it they will want those reports and a letter from your doctor stating the current status. You'll still be put on review for it but when I had to meet with the Dept doctor he just made me do 5pushups and jump on 1leg
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

I see. Thing is I never really went to a doctor after I got out (had no insurance) it just healed by itself over the course of the year. The only treatment I got was while I was in basic other than that I don't have any other paperwork for it. I have a job now though and can go and get it examined and get any notes they might need. Can they test it (push ups, whatever else) without old paperwork?
      NYPD Exam 7/12/08

Medical 8/26/08 -Done
      JST 9/2/08 - Done

Comment

I see. Thing is I never really went to a doctor after I got out (had no insurance) it just healed by itself over the course of the year. The only treatment I got was while I was in basic other than that I don't have any other paperwork for it. I have a job now though and can go and get it examined and get any notes they might need. Can they test it (push ups, whatever else) without old paperwork?
        I'm not sure. I would say go to the doctor and get paper work for it now. They just need to see that everything is ok since the city is just covering itself.
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Ok, thank you. Even though i didn't even take the test yet, i am going right after work to my doctor for him to take an ex-ray and check everything out. This way i can bring this note and all the information with me to the medical and hopefully won't get put on a review.

Thanks again.
          NYPD Exam 7/12/08

Medical 8/26/08 -Done
          JST 9/2/08 - Done

Comment

Ok, thank you. Even though i didn't even take the test yet, i am going right after work to my doctor for him to take an ex-ray and check everything out. This way i can bring this note and all the information with me to the medical and hopefully won't get put on a review.

Thanks again.
            Once You tell them about it they will put you on review no matter what, the difference is. If you have the paper work you can get a head start by handing in all the paper the same day you got put on review.
            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Ah, i see. Do you know if there is a specific form i need to fill out or just any letter? I just got back from the doctor's office, he basically checked my wrist and wrote that it completely healed and fully functional. I guess if there is a form then ill go back and get that filled out. Also if you get put on medical review, i guess my chances of making January class are pretty much slim to none?

Does EVERYBODY who ever got into a car accident or had a surgery or any type of injury gets put on medical review? Seems like every other person would be on a medical review until they get all the paperwork.

I appreciate you answering my questions by the way. I was really hoping for January class heh.
              NYPD Exam 7/12/08

Medical 8/26/08 -Done
              JST 9/2/08 - Done

Comment

Ah, i see. Do you know if there is a specific form i need to fill out or just any letter? I just got back from the doctor's office, he basically checked my wrist and wrote that it completely healed and fully functional. I guess if there is a form then ill go back and get that filled out. Also if you get put on medical review, i guess my chances of making January class are pretty much slim to none?

Does EVERYBODY who ever got into a car accident or had a surgery or any type of injury gets put on medical review? Seems like every other person would be on a medical review until they get all the paperwork.

I appreciate you answering my questions by the way. I was really hoping for January class heh.
                Naw, medical review is the easiest one to get off from at times, It took me three weeks to get off medical review. The doctor wrote me a letter saying that my back was fine but I also submitted MRI from 2-3yrs ago and the report from physical therapy. show em the letter and tell them you never saw a doctor about it and see what they say. When I did my medical there were 20of us in total and a total of 6got put on medical review including me, some people don't report anything because APD doesn't have any way to find out since they can't ask for your medical records.
                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

I'm collecting disability from the Marine Corps for my shoulder, back, and hearing and I was put on med review also. Already had all of the paperwork so when I went there (3 weeks later is when they set the apt up for) he just made me do like 2 pushups (he didn't even watch me) and that was it. They don't care they will pass you unless you are like missing a leg or something. Which is pretty sad but still don't worry about the med review. You will make jan class as long as everything else is in line.
                  NYPD - 93
                  SCPD - 95
                  NCPD - 94.5

Comment

Thanks guys i really appreciate your help. I was so worried about that, its like a rock coming off my back now. Yea i can definitely take all the necessary x-rays and MRIS to prove that its fine now, i also powerlift so if they can give me some tests, that would be even better. Thanks again.
                    NYPD Exam 7/12/08

Medical 8/26/08 -Done
                    JST 9/2/08 - Done

Comment

I have been put on medical review because of having sleep apnea. It is corrected by using a cpap machine. I faxed over the medical reoprts as requested. Can they dq me because of this? I am getting real worried now. Thanks in advance.
                      Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.

Comment

So worried that you dug up a thread that was 2 years old I see.

Every case is different, but I doubt they would DQ you because of it.

Comment

Yes I am and I hope you are right. I was told to expect a letter in the mail in the next week or two. Could that possibly be to tell me I passed the medical and to continue? I just got concerned because she wouldnt tell me anything over the phone. I expected to send in the info and then she would say all is good.
                          Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.

Comment

Originally posted by grl View Post
                            Yes I am and I hope you are right. I was told to expect a letter in the mail in the next week or two. Could that possibly be to tell me I passed the medical and to continue? I just got concerned because she wouldnt tell me anything over the phone. I expected to send in the info and then she would say all is good.
                            PM sent.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4430 users online. 268 members and 4162 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X