Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody watch that Reality show "The Academy"?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTLovesMe81
    replied
    Gym in the NYPD academy is a 2 1/2 hr block but the last 1/2 hr is for changing/showering. Id say its a safe bet with all the times we were out of the building and doing other things that we averaged gym 3 days a week.

For that 3 day average id say 75% of the time you had to run/cal for an hour and then do an hour of tactics. Toward the end of the academy it was more like 2 hours of tactics and no more working out.

Most of the people in my company have talked about it and we felt that there wasnt enough tactics and PT in the academy. It was too infrequent. It should be every day, 5 days a week. Unfortunately because you leave the building so much and have so many workshops its damn near impossible.

Leave a comment:

• Sarkis
    replied
    Originally posted by darkhelmet View Post
    yeah good luck getting into the NYSP.. very hard
    Yes, I know. It seems like state police agencies are much harder to get into in general.

Originally posted by NorwichGrad05 View Post
    Honestly speaking, every department is the same..when it comes down to it. I've been in a large dept, and now a smaller department. Just remember...the grass isn't greener on the other side, they just may manicure it a little better...
    Yes, that is true. It seems like it all balances out in the end, one department has something very attractive, the other has something else that is very attractive.

Leave a comment:

• 03usmc51
    replied
    [QUOTE=Vanacloud;1286561]Is that the real deal? Or some new footage not shown from "The Academy" lol[/QUOTE

Whats funny about that video is that about one quarter of those recruits are us marines and are trying really hard not to laugh and because of that they are going to be the ones that get messed with pretty hard. They need better lessons in being drill instructors or whatever they call the officers in smokey bear covers.

Leave a comment:

• NorwichGrad05
    replied
    Originally posted by Sarkis View Post
    STOP THIS!! I can't handle it anymore, every time I love a department or departments, someone always makes me attracted to another one!!

I have one of those good problems of TOO MANY DEPARTMENTS TO CHOOSE FROM!!

Those were some awesome videos.
    Honestly speaking, every department is the same..when it comes down to it. I've been in a large dept, and now a smaller department. Just remember...the grass isn't greener on the other side, they just may manicure it a little better...

Leave a comment:

• Ofc. Slater
    replied
    how is the PT/ Tactics portion?

Leave a comment:

• Big Will
    replied
    NYSP is bad *****

Leave a comment:

• Vanacloud
    replied
    Originally posted by John2008 View Post
    That's the real deal, it was taped in 2006 no editing or anything. In the show "the academy" they have to make it interesting because they want ratings so they cut and edit a lot of stuff.

[email protected] you do not wear a silk tie to my academy, PLAYA.

and

"you can only do four push ups?, I have a 10year old that can do more push ups."
    LOL Yeah i saw that part but yeah 4 pushups is pretty pathetic

Leave a comment:

• darkhelmet
    replied
    STOP THIS!! I can't handle it anymore, every time I love a department or departments, someone always makes me attracted to another one!!

yeah good luck getting into the NYSP.. very hard

Leave a comment:

• John2008
    replied

LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Sarkis
    replied
    http://www.nytrooper.com/

go down to the middle of the page until you see the video session and click on the tittle "194th session video", now the NYPD academy is not as hard as the NYSP academy.

Leave a comment:

• John2008
    replied
    http://www.nytrooper.com/

go down to the middle of the page until you see the video session and click on the tittle "194th session video", now the NYPD academy is not as hard as the NYSP academy.

Leave a comment:

• John2008
    replied
    Originally posted by Vanacloud View Post
    Is that the real deal? Or some new footage not shown from "The Academy" lol
    That's the real deal, it was taped in 2006 no editing or anything. In the show "the academy" they have to make it interesting because they want ratings so they cut and edit a lot of stuff.

[email protected] you do not wear a silk tie to my academy, PLAYA.

and

"you can only do four push ups?, I have a 10year old that can do more push ups."
    Last edited by John2008; 06-15-2008, 11:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Vanacloud
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IURHfFIqbGs

The show the academy is kinda of staged anyways, they edit a lot of things out.
    Is that the real deal? Or some new footage not shown from "The Academy" lol

Leave a comment:

• John2008
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IURHfFIqbGs

The show the academy is kinda of staged anyways, they edit a lot of things out.

Leave a comment:

• NYCTNT
    replied
    Basically 4 exams, but with justification which noone fails, so its TRULY 5 exams.

Not counting PT exams as Norwich stated.

The quizzes mean squat, its just meant to see what area of the academics you have trouble in. If you score 80's 90's and 100's, you are pretty much OK. Lots of people said that the quizzes were harder than the actual exams.

I thought the exams were pretty easy.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4184 users online. 251 members and 3933 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X