300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going through an EZ Pass w/o having an EZ Pass

I was driving down to NYC, and was about to get onto the GW Bridge and I got caught in an EZ Pass lane. I don't have an EZpass, so I didnt pay going over the bridge.

Right after I went through it, I pulled over onto the median but realized it was unsafe to do anything but keep driving.

Will they just take a picture of my plates and send me a bill? Or will I get a fine, or a ticket even?

Thanks for your help.

I did that once before, but I have an EZ-Pass account, they just added it onto my existing bill. I'd imagine they'll send you a bill.

Comment

They'll send you a bill and a pic of yourself

Comment

The Port Authority of NY & NJ owns the GWB... so I'm not sure what type of procedure they have set up with Ez-Pass. What I do know, is that they do have camras on the lanes. They have a picture of your license plate, so they will probably just send a bill to whoever the car is registered to. I would just wait for something in the mail.. thats about all that you can do at this point.

Comment

It happens all the time.

You'll get a letter in the mail describing your infraction, along with a picture of you and your car. There will be a bill for the toll plus an administrative fee (fine) of between $25 and $100. (I don't remember what it is anymore) Pay it when you get it and life goes on.

Sometimes you'll get it within a few days. Sometimes it takes a few weeks.

Comment

you get a picture of your plate and a bill for the toll 8 bucks and have to pay an adminstration charge of 25 bucks as well.

Comment

I am fairly certain there is no ticket involved.

Comment

The camera usually takes a picture of your license plate if it doesn’t read your EZ-Pass when you go through a lane. After that the computer automatically matches your plate to an EZ-Pass account and bills it. If your plate isn’t on file they’ll just send you a bill plus admin fee attached to the bill. Usually if it's your first offense, you can get away with admin fee’s.

Comment

I am pretty sure if this is your first time you get a free pass.
                  "It is not a measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" -Jiddu Krishnamurti -

Comment

Upstate a friend of mine did the same thing and got a letter and it was something like this:

toll charge.50
                    fine. 50.00

It also had the date and time of the offense and where to send the balance and the date to have it send in by.
                    Choose a job that you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

Comment

Originally posted by NY8739JR View Post
                      Will they just take a picture of my plates and send me a bill? Or will I get a fine, or a ticket even?

Thanks for your help.
                      Hmmmm, maybe it's just a strange coincidence.....

.....but a warrant for this heinous crime just landed on my desk.

Could it be?....naw, too strange. It couldn't be for you.
                      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

well look at it this way. If anyone in your family has an EZPASS registered with the same address that the violating vehicle has. Just add a plate to your's or there EZPASS account. U don't need a new tag. And just print out a copy of registered vehicles list with plate numbers etc etc with the violation u recieved in the mail and that's it. They will just charge that EZPASS account you provide for them. You kinda get what i'm saying?

Comment

you got stuck in the ez pass lane so you were SOOL there are usually some type of fine/service charge when it comes to ez pass lane violations. as an aside if you are just short on cash get into a cash lane and most places will just take your driver's license info and give you an insufficient funds slip, service charge is usually only a few dollars as opposed to whatever astronomical fine ezpass may levy. i'ld rather wait 5 minutes for the slip to be made up then blow though an ezpass lane.
                          sigpic
                          "From now on, all your opinions will be ignored!"

Comment

If they send you a picture of your plate, send them a picture of the cash.
                            I Heard of a guy doing that then they sent him a picture of hand cuffs..lol

Comment

and he sent a picture of the mexican border.
                              sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5649 users online. 401 members and 5248 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X