300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Academy prior to being hired

Hey I was thinking about applying to the Police Academy to complete the Phase 1 pre employment training after I finish my Bachelors in Public Justice in the Fall. Once you complete the Phase 1 training you receive a pre employment transcript which is valid for 2 years while you seek employment with Law Enforcement agencies and the tuition is $1696 per semester which is 12 credits or more.

My question is has anyone in here ever gone through a Police Academy without being hired.

That's sounds like what they do down in FL.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

I'm 99% sure they do not do that in NY

Check the "Zone 5 Academy" out, they might have something like that, or check out the "CNY Academy" I've heard of pre-employment guys going through it, but I checked up on that and all their pages say you must be hired already.
      sigpic

Comment

This is a new program in NY...being offered at very few schools right now. Of course, any way you make yourself more attractive to a police agency is a definite positive. By putting yourself through this phase 1 training you lower your future departments investment in you which they will appreciate.
        Be prepared, this is the future of law enforcement training in NY. Other States have been using it for a few years now and it lowers there budgets. It is my opinion this will become the standard of hiring in NY in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
          I'm 99% sure they do not do that in NY

Check the "Zone 5 Academy" out, they might have something like that, or check out the "CNY Academy" I've heard of pre-employment guys going through it, but I checked up on that and all their pages say you must be hired already.
          I'm actually doing an internship for a Police Department and today I asked a police officer a few questions and one of the things he said was that he went through the Phase 1 portion of the Police Academy before being hired by a Police Department. Once he got hired he had to go back to the Police Academy to finish the Phase 2 portion which consists of firearms training and so forth, this portion of the training can only be done by people who have been hired by a Police Department. It's at the Central New York Police Academy held at Onondaga Community College.

Here is a link to the site which offers the program

http://www.sunyocc.edu/program.aspx?...1_TSMenuID=189
          Justice01
          Forum Member
          Last edited by Justice01; 06-04-2008, 05:13 PM.

Comment

well for any state agencies or any agencies in NYC, and Long Island this Phase 1 training will hold no weight, and they will reqiure you to attend their academies for ALL training.
            sigpic

Comment

You can go through the CNY academy phase 1 without being hired first. You go through everything everyone else does except firearms and a couple of other little things. I know a couple people on the road now that went through phase 1 and it helped them get hired. You become real attractive to agencies around here if you can put yourself through the program.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3350 users online. 219 members and 3131 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X