Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

Hello,

I just received a recruitement e-mail from the NYPD. The e-mail stated the starting base pay for a new hire is 35k and with night diff, O/T, etc a new hire would make 40k. My question is why is the pay so low? I live in Southern California and the average base pay for a new hire in SOCAL is 50k. I thought the cost of living in NYC and SOCAL were about the same?

Take Care and Stay Safe

Taxes,Taxes,Taxes. Also the government in SOCAL is willing to pay their police officers at market rate compare to NYC that cries every time we ask for a raise and we never get what we deserve. plus the only agency that I can think of being as big as the NYPD is a LAPD.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

NYPD pay is abysmal. Its one of the lowest paid departments in the country, yet is in the richest city in the country. NYC should pay their cops a decent wage. All I can say is if you want to be a cop in NYC, go to the PAPD or MTA Police. They pay their cops a nice salary.
      Agencies Currently and Previously Employed By:
      NYRA Peace Officer - 2010 - 2012 & 2016 - Present
      Sea Gate Police - 2012 - 2013
      NYPD Auxiliary Police - 2009 - 2014
      NYC Department of Homeless Services Police - 2012 - 2014
      U.S. Dept. of Justice, Bureau of Prisons - 2014 - 2015

Comment

whats funny is you think the NEW starting pay is crap. 2 weeks ago starting pay was $25,100!!!
        sigpic

Comment

remember this is the starting pay before OT and promotions etc.. you can make over 100k a year after a while in the NYPD.. i know other agencies do pay more but that is not that bad.
          "It is not a measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" -Jiddu Krishnamurti -

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3619 users online. 237 members and 3382 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X