Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gbotj
    replied
    sometimes the examiner will bring you outside and tell you that you failed, then say if you tell him the truth now he will pass you. If you change any answers BAM you fail.

Leave a comment:

• darkhelmet
    Forum Member

• darkhelmet
    replied
    well maybe he was trying to see if you were gonna change your answer. the polygraph may have said u were truthful.. who knows.. sometimes the examiner just wants to trip people up maybe to cover for the machine giving a false negative (if there are false positives there are also false negatives.) btw just outta curiosity did u take the job?

Leave a comment:

• AnyPD
    Forum Member

• AnyPD
    replied
    Originally posted by darkhelmet View Post
    arent there false positives tho.. so as long as a person doesnt change their answers it is important... i think its more of an issue of being honest and not changing answers no matter what.. All a person can hope for is do their best and be honest. whatever happens, happens for a reason....
    Yes, I took a polygraph for a deptartment and the guy giving the test was telling me I was lying about using marijuana. I have never used marijuana EVER but according to him I was lying. Long story short, I didnt change my answer and I was offered the job.

Leave a comment:

• darkhelmet
    Forum Member

• darkhelmet
    replied
    arent there false positives tho.. so as long as a person doesnt change their answers it is important... i think its more of an issue of being honest and not changing answers no matter what.. All a person can hope for is do their best and be honest. whatever happens, happens for a reason....

Leave a comment:

• AnyPD
    Forum Member

• AnyPD
    replied
    Originally posted by darkhelmet View Post
    If the background is that hard I am soooo screwed.. nobody is perfect I dont know how anyone can pass the test if its really that strict.
    You dont know what happened...it could have been an integrity issue were the person was caught lying or changed their response after they gave it originally. Never lie because they will find out, even if you have a record and it was sealed!!!

Leave a comment:

• darkhelmet
    Forum Member

• darkhelmet
    replied
    Originally posted by PTLovesMe81 View Post
    Good luck. Supposedly the background is INSANE and if you get through that the academy is quite an experience. One of my friends from where I used to live did it and said people were failing the BI because of admitting to uriniating in public once when they were like 17. (they were 27 at the time of application).

They turn out some amazing cops though, gotta give them that.

I wasn't able to take the test this time around, maybe next time I can.
    If the background is that hard I am soooo screwed.. nobody is perfect I dont know how anyone can pass the test if its really that strict.

Leave a comment:

• PTLovesMe81
    Forum Member

• PTLovesMe81
    replied
    Originally posted by John2008 View Post
    which is what I'm hoping for if I do get picked up by NYSP, I'm still waiting for my damn test results.
    Good luck. Supposedly the background is INSANE and if you get through that the academy is quite an experience. One of my friends from where I used to live did it and said people were failing the BI because of admitting to uriniating in public once when they were like 17. (they were 27 at the time of application).

They turn out some amazing cops though, gotta give them that.

I wasn't able to take the test this time around, maybe next time I can.

Leave a comment:

• John2008
    Forum Member

• John2008
    replied
    Originally posted by PTLovesMe81 View Post
    Dude they are troopers, they can't be overworked.

In all honesty if they wind up patrolling the LIE and some other areas they are going to add more people to troop L to cover the area.
    which is what I'm hoping for if I do get picked up by NYSP, I'm still waiting for my damn test results.

Leave a comment:

• PTLovesMe81
    Forum Member

• PTLovesMe81
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisF202 View Post
    The county police will still exist ... there will just be more officers on pct sector patrols (which is a GOOD thing considering that the SCPD has not changed their staffing levels since the 1970s).

My big issue is what happens when the troopers need backup or are overworked?
    Dude they are troopers, they can't be overworked.

In all honesty if they wind up patrolling the LIE and some other areas they are going to add more people to troop L to cover the area.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisF202
    Forum Member

• ChrisF202
    replied
    Originally posted by Back to NYC View Post
    Most of the people I know who've taken recent SCPD and NCPD exams are a little bit terrified right now because the State Police are taking over highway patrol duties from the county agencies on Long Island, meaning there's a chance that Nassau and Suffolk won't hire as many new officers. Nassau might be the better shot since, as someone said, they have minimum manning numbers to stick with.

That being said, everything is just rumors and speculation.
    The county police will still exist ... there will just be more officers on pct sector patrols (which is a GOOD thing considering that the SCPD has not changed their staffing levels since the 1970s).

My big issue is what happens when the troopers need backup or are overworked?

Leave a comment:

• darkhelmet
    Forum Member

• darkhelmet
    replied
    ok so now lets say from the people whos names get pulled not enough pass the test.... do they now call the rest of the "non picked people" or do they just go to the next group of scores....

Leave a comment:

• gbotj
    replied
    100% serious.

I thought it was going to be some hi-tech computer lottery system. But nope, its exactly how I explained

Leave a comment:

• darkhelmet
    Forum Member

• darkhelmet
    replied
    Originally posted by gbotj View Post
    with certain grades they will have a lottery, I believe 97.5 and down they are going to have one for each grade. Its a public name drawing at suffolk community college that public residents can attend and they pull names out of a big lottery bin. its like a big brass cylinder that you spin around and then a small square to put your hand in and pull the name out.
    are you being serious?

Leave a comment:

• gbotj
    replied
    with certain grades they will have a lottery, I believe 97.5 and down they are going to have one for each grade. Its a public name drawing at suffolk community college that public residents can attend and they pull names out of a big lottery bin. its like a big brass cylinder that you spin around and then a small square to put your hand in and pull the name out.

Leave a comment:

• darkhelmet
    Forum Member

• darkhelmet
    replied
    i got a 97.5 on the Suffolk test.. but so did 700 other people.. are they going to call everyone with the same scores. or is it like "pull a name out of a hat" type of thing

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4050 users online. 250 members and 3800 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X