300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suffolk County PD

i am new to this forum and I tried a search but i get a million different results.. I apologize if this question has already been answered. Does anyone know when Suffolk County is going to start calling people on the list? I called them up and was told maybe December... but they are unsure.. Does anyone have a more soild answer on that?
    "It is not a measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" -Jiddu Krishnamurti -

they called a group for villages already and the first class is going to be for village and outside agencies. I believe I remember hearing a mid-late 2009 class for SCPD.

The problem with SCPD (unlike NCPD) is suffolk doesnt have minimum manning which means they do not have to put classes in if they do not want to. Nassau (thanks to gary delaraba) has minimum manning which means they have to continue to hire officers to keep a minimum number on the streets. Thats what suffolk needs.
    sigpic

Comment

by the way that 09' number wasnt very solid. just a rumor.
      sigpic

Comment

thanks for the quick response..

does suffolk go down the list just like Nassau? the reason im asking is i was talking to someone a few weeks ago whos sister got called for the Smithtown police (i think it was smithtown) and she scored lower than me, but she lived in smithtown.. is that normal practice to hire people for village police by who lives there etc...
        "It is not a measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" -Jiddu Krishnamurti -

Comment

Just to clarify for you. Smithtown doesnt have a PD. They have a public safety dpt. but no police power. Everything that goes on in Smithtown goes to SCPD.
          "Stuck with the tag until further notice"

Waiting.......would be nice before I was completely gray.

Comment

maybe it was riverhead? It was some village PD out on the Island... Again this was just hearsay so the guy could have been talking up a storm who knows...

Comment

yes the villages call residents first no matter what they scored on the exam.
              sigpic

Comment

All 3 villages within the Town of Smithtown have their own police departments who's officers have full police officer status; Nissqugogue (Im sure I spelled that wrong!), Head of the Harbor, and The Branch.

POChedder, dont Smithtown Bay Constables and Park Rangers have peace officer status while Safety and Security and Code Enforcement are just security guards basically?

Comment

Chris, all the towns in Suffolk County have park rangers, bay constables, and fire marshalls. All have peace officer status.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by darkhelmet View Post
                    i am new to this forum and I tried a search but i get a million different results.. I apologize if this question has already been answered. Does anyone know when Suffolk County is going to start calling people on the list? I called them up and was told maybe December... but they are unsure.. Does anyone have a more soild answer on that?
                    Most of the people I know who've taken recent SCPD and NCPD exams are a little bit terrified right now because the State Police are taking over highway patrol duties from the county agencies on Long Island, meaning there's a chance that Nassau and Suffolk won't hire as many new officers. Nassau might be the better shot since, as someone said, they have minimum manning numbers to stick with.

That being said, everything is just rumors and speculation.
                    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

"You've got to be good in this business, but you've got to get a lot of breaks. If you don't realize that, if you really think you're sitting here because of your genius or anything, I don't know, maybe your background is different, but I got my butt kicked a lot at every level, including this one."

- Stan Van Gundy

Comment

Originally posted by Back to NYC View Post
                      Most of the people I know who've taken recent SCPD and NCPD exams are a little bit terrified right now because the State Police are taking over highway patrol duties from the county agencies on Long Island, meaning there's a chance that Nassau and Suffolk won't hire as many new officers. Nassau might be the better shot since, as someone said, they have minimum manning numbers to stick with.

That being said, everything is just rumors and speculation.
                      Based on taht when are the state trooper results coming out? they were due int he beginning of May according to their website..

Comment

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                        yes the villages call residents first no matter what they scored on the exam.
                        this is NOT true, they compile a local list of thier residents, it still goes by score. i got an 82.5, im on a local list, they're putting me through the hiring process witht he county, i could make it through this, but it is very possible could wait 2 years before they send me to the academy. the only reason those lists get canvased all at once in smaller places is becuase the list is very short and the hiring process burns through people like crazy, example, a 150 person local list may only produce 4-5 new hired to send to the academy.
                        NYS Trooper - 76.67...gonna be waitin......
                        NYPD - Exam # 8305...gonna be waitin......
                        Westchester County PD- Taken - 90
                        Onondaga County PD - Taken - 90
                        Broome County Sheriff - Taken - 90, canvased, passed PAT, background packet submitted!!!
                        Rockland County PD - Taken - 90

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid......." - Han Solo, Star Wars

"Just becuase its not illegal doesnt mean that its a good idea" - Random

Comment

well its going to happen in suffolk county. Levi is really pushing for it, but Suozzi is just like "yeah, ok steve. Whatever you say, sure I'll go along with it. Ok, just do whatever you want". Theres not really much of a push in nassau for the troopers to take over. Also, in nassau there is only 90 Highway officers. If HPB is disbanded these guys are either going into another unit or they are going to retire. Another thing is I believe motor carrier safety unit will still be around. So guys will go into that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Goose9454 View Post
                            this is NOT true, they compile a local list of thier residents, it still goes by score. i got an 82.5, im on a local list, they're putting me through the hiring process witht he county, i could make it through this, but it is very possible could wait 2 years before they send me to the academy. the only reason those lists get canvased all at once in smaller places is becuase the list is very short and the hiring process burns through people like crazy, example, a 150 person local list may only produce 4-5 new hired to send to the academy.
                            yeah. Like I said, they call residents first no matter what score. Once you are reached they are going to hire in grade order but they are still going to canvass you whether you have a 100 or an 80.
                            sigpic

Comment

too bad suozzi won the election and not my uncle o well...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4905 users online. 308 members and 4597 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X