300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question For NYPD MOS

Just a quick question for the guys OTJ. Let's say I walk in downtown and take the computerized exam, do well and pass. How long do you think it'll be before APD starts processing? Would I be able to make July or Jan 09?
    SCPS PO
    Police! Don't Move!
    Last edited by SCPS PO; 05-21-2008, 09:14 PM.
    NYPD January 2009
    Medical - 9/02/08 - Pass
    JST - 9/03/08 - Pass
    Written Psych - 09/15/08 - Completed
    Oral Psych - 09/30/08 - Completed
    Meet with BI - 10/13/08 - Completed

January. And what do you mean just take the computerized exam? Does DCAS have on-site walk-in testing? I know they give computer exams, but didn't know they were walk in.

Comment

http://nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/employ...schedule.shtml

Walk in computerized testing.
      NYPD January 2009
      Medical - 9/02/08 - Pass
      JST - 9/03/08 - Pass

Comment

Hm, that's pretty cool. I know they give you your unofficial exam scores the day you take the test. But to make it to the July academy would be pushing it since you still have to wait for that exam class to finish testing, wait for a list number, take a medical, written psych, oral psych, and physical fitness. Also, all the paperwork necessary.

I personally don't think it's likely since the academy is only 1.5 months away. Possible? Maybe. You never know, hopefully someone more qualified to answer this will chime in soon.

Comment

My exam is still active from 2002. Wow. Guess I'll make the call to APD tomorrow and see.
          NYPD January 2009
          Medical - 9/02/08 - Pass
          JST - 9/03/08 - Pass

Comment

Originally posted by kxl77 View Post
            Hm, that's pretty cool. I know they give you your unofficial exam scores the day you take the test. But to make it to the July academy would be pushing it since you still have to wait for that exam class to finish testing, wait for a list number, take a medical, written psych, oral psych, and physical fitness. Also, all the paperwork necessary.

I personally don't think it's likely since the academy is only 1.5 months away. Possible? Maybe. You never know, hopefully someone more qualified to answer this will chime in soon.
            you'll be surprise how fast they can process you. if you don't make in the first week he can probably go in as a backfill.
            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Thanks John. I'll see when they'll schedule me for everything today.
              NYPD January 2009
              Medical - 9/02/08 - Pass
              JST - 9/03/08 - Pass

Comment

Originally posted by SCPS PO View Post
                Thanks John. I'll see when they'll schedule me for everything today.
                good Luck.
                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

One more question. Did they eliminate the run portion of the requirements? Years ago I took the PAT (pre JST) and there was also an additional mile and a half run that needed to be completed.
                  NYPD January 2009
                  Medical - 9/02/08 - Pass
                  JST - 9/03/08 - Pass

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8f0ToNgVoQ

Current JST only difference is that you have to go around the cones 5 or 6times.
                    and you'll be wearing a Vest and a weighted belt that's suppose to feel like if you had your duty gear on.
                    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

When I took the PAT in 01, it was similar to the JST with the vest and gunbelt. After the PAT, we had to run a mile and a half on Staten Island on another date. Does that still happen?
                      NYPD January 2009
                      Medical - 9/02/08 - Pass
                      JST - 9/03/08 - Pass

Comment

When I took the PAT in 01, it was similar to the JST with the vest and gunbelt. After the PAT, we had to run a mile and a half on Staten Island on another date. Does that still happen?
                        Nope.
                        but you have to run the mile and a half while in the academy.
                        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Sounds good. I'm glad they changed the test from 2 fences to 1!
                          NYPD January 2009
                          Medical - 9/02/08 - Pass
                          JST - 9/03/08 - Pass

Comment

Sounds good. I'm glad they changed the test from 2 fences to 1!
                            Its a wall in the academy. Thats the real fun one.

I totally forgot about the belt with the entrance JST. In the academy, its just a 14lb vest, no belt. That belt was a pain in the butt.

They can process you pretty quickly. I never really heard about the computerized testing but for the amount of recruits tehy are short for the next class I wouldn't be surprised if they were able to push you into July. Good luck.
                            -----------------------------------------------------------------
                            "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

SCPS,

Without a DOUBT in my mind you can make even the JULY academy if you took that exam. As you already have backround done from 1pp, you shouldnt have much of a problem. The only problem is getting your paperwork together if you do not have such paperwork handy. These things can be your birth certificate, SS card..etc.
                              Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3741 users online. 241 members and 3500 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X