X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PTLovesMe81
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2007

Ok how does this work?

Ok, so we were hired 1/7/08 at $25,100 with 20 vacation days and the new salary is $35,881 with 10 vacation days. Does that mean on my next paycheck I get the new payrate or is this only for future classes? Do we get the 4.5% and 5% raises the officers already on the job got instead of the new starting salary? Do I lose 10 of the vacation days that I already had alotted to me?

Has anyone gotten any info on the salary steps? What does the pay go to after the academy? We are out of the academy all this week so I have to wait until Monday to get back and get any info from our delegates.

I'd prefer if people on the job only answered as to avoid complete confusion. Thanks.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
  • dont h8 dre
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2007

Its retroactive so yes you will see araise in your check along with a little extra for back pay. If i am not mistaking.
    NYPD Exam #5047
    Reopening my case this year. Will have 60 credits before years end.

Comment

• Vanacloud
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by PTLovesMe81
      Ok, so we were hired 1/7/08 at $25,100 with 20 vacation days and the new salary is $35,881 with 10 vacation days. Does that mean on my next paycheck I get the new payrate or is this only for future classes? Do we get the 4.5% and 5% raises the officers already on the job got instead of the new starting salary? Do I lose 10 of the vacation days that I already had alotted to me?

Has anyone gotten any info on the salary steps? What does the pay go to after the academy? We are out of the academy all this week so I have to wait until Monday to get back and get any info from our delegates.

I'd prefer if people on the job only answered as to avoid complete confusion. Thanks.
      Wait, whoa, they approved a new salary? when did this happen?
      Current Status:
      Medical - 8/13/07 - 12/07 - P
      Both Psych - 3/8/08, 3/16/08 - STILL UNDER REVIEW
      JST 4/1/08 - F 4/10/08 - F 4/16/08 - P
      Investigative Review - 5/16/08 - DONE
      Mini-Medical - 6/9/08 - 6/30/08 - P

Academy - hopeful Backfill 7/21/08 - ???

Comment

• STXHammer
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2008

They approved it Today. http://www.wnbc.com/news/16332400/de...l?dl=mainclick
        When the public needs help, they call the police. When the police need help, they call ESU.

" To Protect and Serve"

Comment

• PTLovesMe81
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2007

Umm ok...
          So figure this math out for me:

This is the old pay scale:

Police Academy (first six months): $25,100 (Annualized)
          Upon completion of six months: $32,700
          Upon completion of 1 ½ years: $34,000
          Upon completion of 2 ½ years: $38,000
          Upon completion of 3 ½ years: $41,500
          Upon completion of 4 ½ years: $44,100
          Upon completion of 5 ½ years: $59,588

Now with the new raises coming in, this is the pay scale:

Police Academy (first six months): $35,881 (Annualized)
          Upon completion of six months: $35,880
          Upon completion of 1 ½ years: $37,306
          Upon completion of 2 ½ years: $41,695
          Upon completion of 3 ½ years: $45,535
          Upon completion of 4 ½ years: $48,388
          Upon completion of 5 ½ years: $65,382

Does that mean this new "wonderful" starting salary remains in effect for 1 and 1/2 years instead of us getting a raise after the academy?

So basically what they did was eliminate the starting pay for the academy and put it in line with the pay for the first full year, then took 10 vacation days from us.

I guess its better than 25,100, and now I can afford to take more tests. Awesome.
          "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

• Vanacloud
            Forum Member
            • Sep 2007

It says it only affects people who graudated from august 2004 to january 2006...
            Current Status:
            Medical - 8/13/07 - 12/07 - P
            Both Psych - 3/8/08, 3/16/08 - STILL UNDER REVIEW
            JST 4/1/08 - F 4/10/08 - F 4/16/08 - P
            Investigative Review - 5/16/08 - DONE
            Mini-Medical - 6/9/08 - 6/30/08 - P

Academy - hopeful Backfill 7/21/08 - ???

Comment

• PTLovesMe81
              Forum Member
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Vanacloud
              It says it only affects people who graudated from august 2004 to january 2006...
              This is completely incorrect and not what it says at all. Once again, please only answer my question if you actually are on this job and KNOW what is going on. (I mean that in the most respectful professional nice way).

Comment

• alaskaflyer331
                Forum Member
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by PTLovesMe81
                This is completely incorrect and not what it says at all. Once again, please only answer my question if you actually are on this job and KNOW what is going on. (I mean that in the most respectful professional nice way).
                Well, other than the fact you live somewhere in New York state we don't know what job you are talking about

Comment

• stg118

From what i gather 35,881 is our rate for the first 18 months and the cut in vacation days only effects people being hired after this announcement if im wrong please correct me somebody.

Comment

• PTLovesMe81
                    Forum Member
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by stg118
                    From what i gather 35,881 is our rate for the first 18 months and the cut in vacation days only effects people being hired after this announcement if im wrong please correct me somebody.
                    Sorry, but thats not right according to what they reported on the news. I wish it was but we can not have it both ways. If the pay raise is for us, so is the new set of vacation days, and vice versa.

Comment

• ItIsWhatItIs73
                      • Dec 2007

we got screwed simple as that

Comment

• stg118

I just went on the PBA website and read the perb agreement if your hired now your not loosing any vaca days its only for future hires

Comment

• gbotj
                          10-96
                          • Aug 2007

This is completely incorrect and not what it says at all. Once again, please only answer my question if you actually are on this job and KNOW what is going on
                          well some not on the job know whats going on. SO I'll keep my mouth shut, and let you sweat it out.
                          sigpic

Comment

• John2008
                            Forum Member
                            • Jun 2007

I just went on the PBA website and read the perb agreement if your hired now your not loosing any vaca days its only for future hires
                            "Starting pay for police officers is increased retroactively but is offset by an unwarranted loss of 10 vacation days for future hires."
                            straight from the pba website
                            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• PTLovesMe81
                              Forum Member
                              • Jul 2007

It only took about 5 months but I finally called and got access to the restricted parts of the PBA site today and read it for myself. WHEW. Thank god it wasn't effective prior to the next class, but it totally sucks for the future guys going in.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19564 users online. 50 members and 19514 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...