300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Called the APD today in regards to the July Class

I asked the guy there when the last day to be eligable for the July class was, and basically he gave me the big run around, before explaining how the backround Invest. takes months to complete along with the processing. But i thought you were eligable for the July class a week before the swearing in? Im hoping this guy doesnt know what hes talking about because i really dont feel like waiting another 6 months for January.
    "The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."
    Moliere

Originally posted by NYPDxJx View Post
    I asked the guy there when the last day to be eligable for the July class was, and basically he gave me the big run around, before explaining how the backround Invest. takes months to complete along with the processing. But i thought you were eligable for the July class a week before the swearing in? Im hoping this guy doesnt know what hes talking about because i really dont feel like waiting another 6 months for January.
    why not start the hiring process now?
    what's holding you up?
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Originally posted by John2008 View Post
      why not start the hiring process now?
      what's holding you up?
      I am starting now, i got my dates all set and everything, but i thought i would be starting for July. This is where it was confusing because the guy couldnt give me a straight answer on whether or not i would be good for the July class.
      Moliere

Comment

I am starting now, i got my dates all set and everything, but i thought i would be starting for July. This is where it was confusing because the guy couldnt give me a straight answer on whether or not i would be good for the July class.
        the person to ask is your BI and don't worry about it, you'll be in there unless you get put on some type of review.
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Yeah im gunna try to get in touch. I guess well see what happens.
          Moliere

Comment

So have you done the Initial Medical / Psych / JST / etc...?
            Current Status:
            Medical - 8/13/07 - 12/07 - P
            Both Psych - 3/8/08, 3/16/08 - STILL UNDER REVIEW
            JST 4/1/08 - F 4/10/08 - F 4/16/08 - P
            Investigative Review - 5/16/08 - DONE
            Mini-Medical - 6/9/08 - 6/30/08 - P

Academy - hopeful Backfill 7/21/08 - ???

Comment

you should be fine for the july academy, the background investigation goes on for like 2 years after you start the academy. it doesnt just end when you start the first day. I've only done the initial medical and I'm now on review, but I'm sure I'll make the july class.

Comment

I spoke with APD today and the guy I talked to said that even if I do QUEST on the early June date...I would be able to get in the July class. Just an FYI. I don't want to put his name in the open, but if someone wants to PM me, I can tell you his name... he really seems to have his Stuff together and has been pretty helpfull.
                SUA SPONTE

Comment

probably the same guy I talked to. he was a joker too. when I called he asked for name, exam, and list number and I was like I know my name but not exam and list number and he was like oh you know your name? I hope you know that!

Comment

That's because he doesn't have a clue. I would say the last day to be eligable would be the day before the swearing in. Don't let them b.s you. My gf works in the academy,as of today they are way short to start a july class.They are shooting for at least 950 bodies.they feel that at leat 16-25%will leave/be fired,etc.The funny part is that some instructors are not happy because they may actully have to go back on patrol for a while.
                    retired cop

Comment

If you go to the NYPD recruitment website there is a walk-in test on saturday and they say if you get in for that one you could make it to the july class!! i'm going, to save myself a trip to the city, but couldn't start till January anyway..just thought i'd chime in on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanacloud View Post
                        So have you done the Initial Medical / Psych / JST / etc...?
                        No i havent. Im gunna try and go for the QUEST program. It would be easier for me to get it up and over with in those 3 days.
                        Moliere

Comment

If your from NJ quest is a NO-GO for you . Anywhere other than Ny and NJ.
                          Its better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Comment

I am from jersey and was offered quest.

Comment

Originally posted by Army2PD View Post
                              If your from NJ quest is a NO-GO for you . Anywhere other than Ny and NJ.
                              I know someone that lives in Suffolk county that went through the quest program.
                              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4012 users online. 221 members and 3791 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X