300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Pay MIGHT go up.....

Dads good friend is a comissioner and he said the union is in talks right now to raise the entry pay to $40k/yr. Should happen by July class. Also will be hiring 1200-1600 cadets. So, all of those that think the pay is horrible (which it is) might want to reconsider if this does happen. I got a 93 on the test plus vet points so I'll take it if I get it and transfer when I get a call for suffolk (95 on test) or Nassau, whichever calls first.
    NYPD - 93
    SCPD - 95
    NCPD - 94.5

our union had nothing to do with the pay being dropped to 25k. PERB made that call. our union is not running th current negotiations either. one of our past due contracts is being arbitrated by PERB right now.

Dads good friend is a comissioner
    if your dad is friends with Ray "Popeye" Kelly... have him tell ray he is a horses arse. -- thanks in advance.
    ===============================
    Fire burns, and when it rains you get wet.
    Stuff happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Spigini View Post
      Dads good friend is a comissioner and he said the union is in talks right now to raise the entry pay to $40k/yr. Should happen by July class. Also will be hiring 1200-1600 cadets. So, all of those that think the pay is horrible (which it is) might want to reconsider if this does happen. I got a 93 on the test plus vet points so I'll take it if I get it and transfer when I get a call for suffolk (95 on test) or Nassau, whichever calls first.
      the commisioner has NO say in the contract negotiations at all. Its all up the the abritrator. the abirtrator could dick us over and give us zero's. who knows. time will tell. its VERY SOON. Im waiting and waiting.

Comment

*still waiting for news*
        "...There are the wolves, and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy.
        Then there are sheepdogs, and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."
        LtCol. Dave Grossman (Ret. US Army Ranger)

----------------------------------------
        RIP PO Brandon Rocke (NBBS/67 PCT/70 PCT) | EOT 04/04/2009
        "...Till We Meet Again"

Comment

Still waiting to finalize the pension....and waiting and waiting and waiting!!!

Comment

ok

Originally posted by Spigini View Post
            If that were the case then the TOP pay would rise about 2 grand.And your chance at getting the nassau or suffolk job is even slimmer. Your dads friend must be the commissioner of parks.......cause he has no clue about nypd contract negotiations. Starting pay will be whatever fd/ correctios was as of 2006..............around 32k.
            retired cop

Comment

umm..

Thats a wholeeee lot of cadets they plan on hiring. Now how many cops do they plan to hire?

Why would you come on this job, take someones place who doesnt have an immediate plan to bail and then leave and attend a second academy?

Cadets=not cops
              Recruits=cops in training

Also, as stated above.. it has nothing to do with Comm. Kelly or anyone other than PERB.

Once this contract is affirmed, we still have to backtrack and are going to be some ways out of contract again.
              Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

If that were the case then the TOP pay would rise about 2 grand.And your chance at getting the nassau or suffolk job is even slimmer. Your dads friend must be the commissioner of parks.......cause he has no clue about nypd contract negotiations. Starting pay will be whatever fd/ correctios was as of 2006..............around 32k.
                Today 09:42 AM
                That was the same thing I said ,the PD cannot go higher than 65,000 because the starting pay for a SGT is just a few thousand higher.
                Its better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Comment

its the top pay that matters.
                  Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                    its the top pay that matters.
                    they all matter. sure the academy @ $25k is doable...but $32k afterwards and relying on overtime, I just don't know.
                    I kinda want a decent car, a decent TV, and a decent appartment to enjoy when I come home after a hard day's work ; something that won't happen on a $32k salary in this city.

pay sucks all across the board for POs, not just top pay.

Comment

Originally posted by gunslash View Post
                      pay sucks all across the board for POs, not just top pay.
                      True, but it TOP PAY that really counts, because that is the salary you will be relying on down the road when you want to buy a house and start a family.

Comment

40k is the starting pay for the july 05 academy. Sad sad sad...

Comment

Originally posted by theole34 View Post
                          if your dad is friends with Ray "Popeye" Kelly... have him tell ray he is a horses arse. -- thanks in advance.
                          They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Nypd

If only it were true, so much time has passed that it seems like the NYPD will never receive a fair contract...but overall top pay is what matters. Perfect example, Nassau County Police, $34,000 to start and after 5yrs about $91,737. They have no recruitment problem....

Comment

It's sad, indeed. But what keeps driving guys like me to leave federal employment as a law enforcement officer for the NYPD? Retirement and Experience. Just an FYI: Even IF I were covered under federal LEO retirement, I would only make 39% of my final wages, minus locality pay, and no variable supp. As of now, I will make 32% of my base pay (33K) at age 57. My top pay as a station Chief would be less than an NYPD Sergeant. With a 20 year retirement, I will be young enough to start another career, in another part of the country, and get a second retirement. It all makes sense, but only because my future wife will be gainfully employed as well....supporting her blue collar cop. I guess I am apprehensive, but I am relatively positive that I am making the right decision. Testing on the 22nd of June.
                              Discombobulatory Accountable Volunteerism.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9862 users online. 465 members and 9397 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X