Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone. From what I read about The Less is More Act. Parole has to discharge 8,000 parolees on technical violations by September 2022 which is the deadline. They already release 5,800 beginning in March 2021. It's currently 26,000 people on parole. Doccs has been working tirelessly calendaring parole violators for hearings to meet the deadline by September. That is their main focus. We won't know anything until September. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Browneyesdoe View Post
      Hello everyone. From what I read about The Less is More Act. Parole has to discharge 8,000 parolees on technical violations by September 2022 which is the deadline. They already release 5,800 beginning in March 2021. It's currently 26,000 people on parole. Doccs has been working tirelessly calendaring parole violators for hearings to meet the deadline by September. That is their main focus. We won't know anything until September. Hope this helps.
      Ok thank you!

Comment

• Thank you BROWNEYESDOE. I sincerely mean that. Thank you.

Comment

• Yes , Thank You for the information and the updates

Comment

• Hello everyone did anyone hear that they are expecting to layoff 129 parole officers due to the Less is More Act?? I was informed that since they discharged thousands of parolees that there is no need to hire new parole officers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Browneyesdoe View Post
              Hello everyone did anyone hear that they are expecting to layoff 129 parole officers due to the Less is More Act?? I was informed that since they discharged thousands of parolees that there is no need to hire new parole officers.
              So, the department recently announced new vacancies for special assignment spots for Parole Officers - Court Liaison Officer (handles Parole recognizance hearings. this was previously posted and interviews were done but no spots were hired), an Employment PO (gets specialized training in employment placement and trains other staff), "Relief" PO (assists with day to day stuff that pops up in the offices), and a temporary spot for Parole Office security due to a lack of ISO's. Guessing these announcements are to cut down on overtime and hopefully limit any potential layoffs or displacements.

In addition, we've heard via PO's that Bureaus have been "consolidated" primarily downstate (I believe Long Island, the Northeast and Maybe Syracuse, in which there were no layoffs, just merging bureaus.)

I haven't heard of layoffs, but, from what our union is telling us and what we've heard from downstate PO's, NYC is way over their staffing levels due to less is more. Some upstate offices are over, while many are either at staffing, or slightly below. I'm in the Western Region and we could use some help due to retirements, promotions, etc.
              Last edited by enzako1018; 09-21-2022, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• The news gets worse and worse with apparently no light at the end of the tunnel. Is there ANY hope as to when they are going to call ANY Parole list in the NEAR future. We all just want to get hired. PERIOD. And NOW, if not soon. Look basically, we want to hear, because of this new info you provided, they may be calling us on......or hey, in light of this new info, they will start calling us on this date....... We all want facts, dates as to when they are calling us off of any lists, or list numbers whether Spanish speakers or not. I live in the 5 boroughs of NYC, and all I hear, from P.O.'s, is that they need P.O.'s. HERE they are in the field 24/7, HERE in the 5 boroughs they tell me they are swamped and concerned because no bodies are coming to their field offices, and a lot are retiring. The information you provided is greatly appreciated and thank you for the present information. BUT, again, ......when will they call us off of any exam list, which we all know is expiring shortly. WHEN!!! In the 5 boroughs of NYC, they are going buck wild, western NY is God's country. Any questions?

Comment

• There will be a need due to attrition but haven’t heard anything clear. I know it sucks to hear it, and I’ve been in limbo during prior freezes and it just plain sucks. Hang tight! No one seems to know when the next academy will run
                  Last edited by enzako1018; 09-22-2022, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• Thanks for the update and information, but again no word as to if and when the next academy will be? It’s definitely frustrating having gone through the investigative process etc. I guess all we can do is continue to be patient.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.CO2013 View Post
                      Thanks for the update and information, but again no word as to if and when the next academy will be? It’s definitely frustrating having gone through the investigative process etc. I guess all we can do is continue to be patient.
                      Sorry but no speculation as to when... Prior to my most recent posts, the speculation/consensus among everyone was spring ‘23. Now the answer I hear most is “no one knows”. I’ve said it multiple times, but, I have been in your shoes, and the waiting game sucks, no easy way around it. But, be patient. If I hear anything, I will post for the group!

Comment

• Thank you all for the update. Hopefully we will be called soon.

Comment

• Current PO downstate here (which is where I'm assuming most are going if they were hired), as it's been said department is overstaffed by 140 officers queens, and bronx have both eliminated 1 bureau each. Also brooklyn is heavily overstaffed and long island region has had officers reassigned to queens to backfill on vacancies.

From my understanding the new positions were created to avoid layoffs, therefore i think it's extremely unlikely that a new class will be put in either this year or next year. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but my advice is if you are waiting for another class have a backup plan. The current list is extended to 2025 which is, if I had to hazard a guess, when we might see another class. Best of luck to all.
                          Last edited by NYCand79; 09-23-2022, 09:44 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3574 users online. 237 members and 3337 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X