Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K...so now what. You, me and how many others are complete with everything and are just waiting? Should I contact my Investigator? I'm scared I'm going to **** her off.

Comment

• Now unsubscribed.
      Last edited by FrankCone; 05-20-2022, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• I don’t know what will happen next, especially since there aren’t any academy classes scheduled. I can only guess that there is a hiring freeze for parole officer since the Less Is More Act has come into effect. It’s definitely disappointing having completed the investigation and still be held up.

Comment

• There is always a need for NYS Corrections, so.... could a suggestion be, to us, why not offer us the Corrections position. I mean, the investigation is done, same physical and psych, finished, so why not utilize the bodies they already have? I remember, just recently, Correction officers were flipping over to Parole, the ones who had a bachelor's degree and that they took priority, and that what was also holding people up on the list, because some of them were cutting the line ahead of us.

Comment

• You definitely raise a good point why not utilize the people who have already passed their investigation, and if and when parole positions open up those people can transfer over.

Comment

• Is anyone going to contact their Investigator and ask? ANYONE!?

Comment

• I am heart broken. I thought this was a way out of my current job. All the preparation, all the anxiety, all the waiting, all the effort... all for nothing.
                Last edited by 2Face2Furious; 05-20-2022, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• I finished everything. Agility, med, psych, background. All for literally nothing.

I am so ****ed off and depressed.

Comment

• Yeah it’s definitely disappointing to hear , I’m in the same boat completed everything and waiting to be called. I guess we can all thank the governor smh.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankCone View Post
                      There was a parole conference upstate last week. There will not be an academy class anytime soon. The new parole reform laws have resulted in people getting off parole early. Less people on parole means less parole officers needed. The existing parole hiring list may expire before a new academy class is called in the future.
                      Can you give us more information than that? How did you find this out?

Who can we contact to ask about this @ DOCCS or PEF?

Comment

• Now unsubscribed
                        Last edited by FrankCone; 05-20-2022, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• "I'M SURE IT'S VERY FRUSTRATING..." driving over 2 1/2 hours, stuck in traffic, staying at cheap motels in Albany is an understatement. Beyond the time waiting, hoping to leave your job for a job that the good state of NY has basically deemed to be useless. It's nothing but a humiliating kick in the crotch. I'm just whistling zippity doh-dah outta my a%^hole!

Comment

• I agree 100% making the sacrifice to go back and forth to Albany in an attempt to get a good state job, only to hear that they’re not sure if and when they will be hiring is BS. I believe the governor is mostly to blame for signing Less Is More; which in effect reduces the department’s need for Parole Officers.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankCone View Post
                              Now unsubscribed
                              What the **** dude?

Comment

• We're all going off of this news from a guy we don't know anything about, because he deleted all of his posts. That might make the news true, if anyone called their investigator. That might have raised a **** storm, and might explain why he deleted everything.

Oh, and FrankCone decided not to receive Private Messages. So that's awesome.

Do any of you remember if he was one of the lucky ones to become a PO? Maybe this is the scuttlebutt around the offices up there.

Did anyone call their Background Investigator?
                                Last edited by 2Face2Furious; 05-20-2022, 11:11 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3697 users online. 256 members and 3441 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X