Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay....passed the Psychological....but I just got a letter today saying I failed the Medical/Physical. Now what? Do I get a Lawyer? I called Albany and they haven't gotten back to me. I passed the eye exam, hearing , climbing the steps, opening the jail door, EKG. Only thing, the eye exam , when it came to reading the triangle, like whether it was up, down, right or left it may have been hard, I need glasses to read. No problems with seeing the numbers in color. I mean, no one mentioned anything during my physical. So, can I appeal, should I appeal, does an appeal need to be done immediately, within 90 days? Help.

Comment

• Now unsubscribed.
      Last edited by FrankCone; 05-20-2022, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• So I contacted Albany Medical and they told me that the letter is not the final disposition. And they asked me to resend some Doctors form they never got. So I confirmed they got it and I'm back on.

Comment

• Is anyone in the academy right now? How’s it going fangoul2?

Comment

• fongoul2
            fongoul2 commented
            Editing a comment
            I ended up declining. I live in the Buffalo area and was offered Rochester. To far to drive for me. The less is more concerned me as I already work on doccs. Going to stay put in a facility and retire in 7.5 years. Wishing all that went to the academy the best of luck.

• Now unsubscribed.
          Last edited by FrankCone; 05-20-2022, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Can someone answer these questions?

1. Had anyone been sent notice of a March or April academy? I was cleared for everything and I'm just waiting for a call.

2.. For those who were lucky enough to be sent to the recent academy, how was it? How intense is the PT and Defensive Tactics portions?

3. What kind of exercises should I be doing to get in shape for the academy? What was PT like? How long was it, and was it every day? Is there any running?

4. If you're not great with push-ups, do they work with you / allow you to do knee push-ups?

5. Is the academy still 8 weeks?

6. Where is it held?

7. Do you go home on the weekends, or can you stay?

8. What is the dress code? Suits every day?

Comment

• Bump.

Any word on the March academy? Maybe April?

Comment

• Now unsubscribed.
                Last edited by FrankCone; 05-20-2022, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Where do you stay while you are at the Academy? Did you have to share a room or solo? What time did the Academy start in the morning and at what time did it end in the afternoon? How many exams ...weekly, quarterly, what was the passing grade? Passed everything and was told to just wait for your Investigator to call. I don't believe that there will be a class till maybe the beginning of the summer or the end of the summer. Parole Officers are a dying breed.

Comment

• I am also waiting for the next Parole academy, the last class was this past November. I was told that there would be another academy in the spring of 2022.

Comment

• Now unsubscribed.
                      Last edited by FrankCone; 05-20-2022, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Wow. I am floored by this information. I have waited, like so many others, finally get on a list...for nothing. I believe it's time to move on and not hope to get called any time soon. Another door closed, another opened.

Comment

• Wow, unbelievable no timetable of if or when another academy will be smh.

Comment

• One last question, I finished my investigation, psychological and physical and passed everything. So, what is the difference between me, who literally completed everything, and all the others waiting on a list waiting to be called to start their investigation. I mean, I'm done. They can call me tomorrow and I'm good. And those others are still waiting to start their investigation. I just don't see that going to waste. Right?

Comment

• I passed everything also: medical, psychological, and background check. I’m good to go whenever I get the call.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2865 users online. 180 members and 2685 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X