300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now unsubscribed.
    Last edited by FrankCone; 05-20-2022, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• That would be great; do these academies usually operate consecutively?

Comment

• Now unsubscribed.
        Last edited by FrankCone; 05-20-2022, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the info. Hopefully, we will see some movement by the end of the year and maybe some infusion of federal aid to help replace those retiring......

Comment

• Has anyone heard ANYTHING, in regards to anyone getting called off of any lists. Do you think when they do start calling, will there be two people per room when bunking or just one person per room? Anyone.

Comment

• There's still a hiring freeze statewide in place; only select agencies throughout the state are hiring and very few are law enforcement related - mostly hospital systems. It's possible the freeze will last long enough for the lists to expire, as a new test was due next year anyway. Don't get your hopes up for anything. Unless Congress passes major budgetary legislation to fill a projected $64 billion hole NY is facing, it's all but uncertain.

Comment

• how474
                how474 commented
                Editing a comment
                NC Probation/Parole is always hiring!

• Now unsubscribed.
              Last edited by FrankCone; 05-20-2022, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• That's what I figured. I have heard contradictory information from some POs I've worked with but I can't see how this freeze would be any different from the last one in 08' which lasted many years. Guess we are all in for a long, long wait and most likely a new exam in the future. Oh well.

Stay safe out there.

Comment

• Does anyone know whether ARTHRITIS is a disqualifier for the position of Parole Officer? Clearly, NO RUSH.

Comment

• I would say if it does not interfere with your ability to carry out the essential responsibilities of the position, it shouldn't cause an issue. If you are unable to grasp things or manipulate your hands then of course, it will definitely be a problem. This would apply to any agency, not just DOCCS.

Comment

• Wow...still nothing. Can not sign in to check and see if my list is still active. ANYONE hear anything about anything.

Comment

• No, I wouldn't expect to hear anything for quite a while. I fully expect this list to expire without any additional hires. One of the LI offices is in some serious trouble and has been for a while now and they aren't receiving any additional bodies to fill the gaps. Congress also failed to pass any legislation in the most recent stimulus bill to address any state funding shortfalls. I moved on and I recommend everyone else do the same. Best of luck.

Comment

• Harrybk74
                          Harrybk74 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Happy New Year Everyone. 2020 has been a trying year for all of us. Just wanted to share some information from a reliable source that Parole has begun doing psychologicals once again which may mean a sign of good things to come in 2021.

• wonderful

Comment

• Now unsubscribed.
                          Last edited by FrankCone; 05-20-2022, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Harrybk74
                            Harrybk74 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I hope so was wondering with the pandemic if they would allow the recruits to travel back and forth to their respective homes on the weekend as in the past or if everyone would stay at the Academy.

• ttc5064
                            ttc5064 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            My investigator contacted me about 2 weeks ago to ask if I was still interested. He told me there is a tentative class scheduled for April.

• I was contacted about a week or so ago by investigations for a background update. I asked if there was any indication of an upcoming class and was told not at all. I accepted a conditional offer with another agency so I voluntarily withdrew from the process and received a letter requesting I sign and return a few days later.

Take this with a grain of salt but I have heard so much nonsense for almost four years now from both civilians and people currently at bureau offices claiming there would be a class at one point or another. I was even told several months ago by a PO that there was a strong possibility of a January class, so on and so forth.

Not trying to crush dreams here and I hope I'm wrong but I would not bank on this whatsoever. My experience with this process was unconscionably unprofessional. Ultimately, I'm happy I started looking elsewhere and have thus far been treated with professional dignity and respect as someone whom works in the field already with parolees and SOs. To go through the entire process twice off of the same list due to only 3 people from said list being hired in 3 years is remarkable.

Ultimately, my recent experience has proven that the right agency with the right resources and hiring practices can produce an equitable process for all.

My two cents.
                          Last edited by blueshirts26; 02-12-2021, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• Harrybk74
                            Harrybk74 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You make a few good points about the agency I must admit. Am actually a reinstatement was in the January 2018 class but did not make it through did not want to have an assignment upstate. Nonetheless I was told I could come back and if it wasn’t for me writing the director of training I would’ve never gotten an opportunity to come back. I was denied twice previously A the reasoning was my list had expired from the 2013 exam there were two classes I believe after January 2018 and I was never called to any of those classes. When did you start your process.

• blueshirts26
                            blueshirts26 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Sorry to hear about that Harrybk74. I took the 2017 exam and processed Fall 2018. Finished that process around November 2018 and played the "no news is good news" game. I was passed over for I believe two classes as well and then got a call from Investigations in January 2020 stating they were looking to put a class together for April. I was told because it had been more than a year since my psych and med were completed, I needed to return to Albany and redo all exams. I provided a brief background update over the phone - which was straightforward - and then returned for two days in February 2020 for the med and written psych. The following week, I met with the psych in Manhattan, which was extremely close to being canceled due to the COVID lockdown. After that, hadn't heard anything from DOCCS directly until a week ago asking for another update. Considering NY is in a budgetary crisis and the list will be expiring towards the end of the year, I didn't feel it was worth a third go around for nothing and luckily started looking elsewhere this past summer.

I feel for those like me whom have experience in this work and would become great POs but were forced to make tough decisions and move on. The one consistency in all of NY law enforcement hiring seems to be time; constant waiting with very little information and nothing ever confirmed until a letter or phone call make their way to you. In my opinion, this should not be, and I know other states process in a much more organized and expedient fashion.

Best of luck to you in your career and I hope they put another group in soon for your benefit.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3362 users online. 228 members and 3134 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X